Hacking Bricked...BAD.

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, before you call me a noob for uninstalling my System Menu through a wad....Well actually, call me a noob lol. I installed a different menu, (Supposedly a Prelaunch menu...) And it wasn't all that nice. After trying to update back to 4.0U and bricking, i decided, "Why not uninstall the other menu??" Yeah, what a great idea. I've been trying to fix this for hours, to no avail. Here's a summary of what's going on.

Of course i have bootmii, any WII hacker with a common sense has it. So, yes i am able to get into the HBC.

1. I have installed Menu 4.2U, It doesn't boot, I'm guessing because i'm missing the needed SYSCONF file..?

2. Wiimotes are not working Anywhere but games. (GC Mod for Wad manager 1.4 worked for installing 4.2U menu. SO i have a Wad Manager.)

3. Games Boot, but discs only. Channels do NOT boot. (Gecko 1.9.3), and wiimotes work in game ONLY.

4. I do in fact have a NAND, and bootmii of course, But for somereason, after installing this new menu, Bootmii thinks i have a different wii. So that NAND is basiclly useless, unless i find a way to get it to work.

5. I'm supposing the SYSCONF file is the cause, because Anyregion changer, anytitle deleter, and WiiSCU all turn back to the same thing. An -106 Error with the Bold SYSCONF Init Failed.

Really, i just would like to know if my wii ever has hopes of booting a System Menu again. (Just a quick thought, Would WUFE Help in anyway? I have New Super Mario Bros Wii...Which comes with a 4.2 Update..)

Thanks for ANY help at all,
Zach

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
ztk863 said:
luisfhb, Gecko 1.9.3 Does the job. Supposedly its the new wii menu in it's first stages of development.

doubtful. feel free to pm me a link and i'll have a squiz though. sounds more like you've been trolled.

anyway, what version of bootmii do you have installed? if its v3, then you just have to hex edit your current nand backup, as it had a bug that causes the error you currently have. there is a windows tool that does it for you automatically iirc.

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
ztk863 said:
luisfhb, Gecko 1.9.3 Does the job. Supposedly its the new wii menu in it's first stages of development.

doubtful. feel free to pm me a link and i'll have a squiz though. sounds more like you've been trolled.

anyway, what version of bootmii do you have installed? if its v3, then you just have to hex edit your current nand backup, as it had a bug that causes the error you currently have. there is a windows tool that does it for you automatically iirc.

I got it from a friend. i'll see where he dug it up from and get back to you on that later. Anyway, my bootmii version is beta 4. After installing that new menu, it gave my wii a new NANDid and everything...

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkmystery said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2012064

The links you provided are dead. Plus, i already used a App called GC settings fix, and that didn't help. (Pressed A, Message pops up and App exits beofre i can read anything.) Wiimotes still not working, Wii Menu Still gone.

QUOTE(DeadlyFoez @ Dec 29 2009, 08:27 AM) if you had 4.0 last and you have installed 4.2, well that REQUIRES a different IOS, specifically IOS70. I would recommend installing SM 4.1 and seeing if that fixes it. It might not because you might have a stubbed IOS60. So if that is the case then use ATD (any title deleter) to delete the stub then reinstall ios 60 using dop-ios.

Alternatively you can just try using dop-IOS to install IOS70 and see if the SM boots up then.

I had 4.2 before installing the new menu. Before all of this started, i wanted to try getting JUST boot2v4, so i cut the official update right when the bar was at half. I got boot2v4 and the full menu. All my IOSes have been reinstalled By DOP v8. Anytitle Deleter will not start, because i have no Wiimotes, And i have a SysConf error. I can try to install 4.1, and see if that helps anything.

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
ztk863 said:
Before all of this started, i wanted to try getting JUST boot2v4, so i cut the official update right when the bar was at half. I got boot2v4 and the full menu. All my IOSes have been reinstalled By DOP v8.

Dude, that was utterly stupid. Absolutely the most careless thing you could have done.

Looks like the best thing for you to do is use Betwiin to convert someone elses nand backup to work for your wii and then use BootMii restore to put it in place.

seriously, dont ever do something dumb like that again.

It Worked fine, first of all. I didn't have ONE problem after doing that. Besides, the nand i had then actually worked, so i had backup. It's not like i wasn't prepared then, im not a complete noob, i have backup -_- I have my own Nand, and everytime i try to use that stupid Betwiin program it ends up crashing my computer. The problem DID NOT come from pulling the plug on the update. It was after i installed the new menu and Uninstalled it through a WAD. THE UPDATE DID NOT HURT ANYTHING. A friend told me it wouldn't hurt a thing if you cut around half. And he was right, nothing went wrong.

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
ztk863 said:
DeadlyFoez said:
ztk863 said:
Before all of this started, i wanted to try getting JUST boot2v4, so i cut the official update right when the bar was at half. I got boot2v4 and the full menu. All my IOSes have been reinstalled By DOP v8.

Dude, that was utterly stupid. Absolutely the most careless thing you could have done.

Looks like the best thing for you to do is use Betwiin to convert someone elses nand backup to work for your wii and then use BootMii restore to put it in place.

seriously, dont ever do something dumb like that again.

It Worked fine, first of all. I didn't have ONE problem after doing that. Besides, the nand i had then actually worked, so i had backup. It's not like i wasn't prepared then, im not a complete noob, i have backup -_- I have my own Nand, and everytime i try to use that stupid Betwiin program it ends up crashing my computer. The problem DID NOT come from pulling the plug on the update. It was after i installed the new menu and Uninstalled it through a WAD. THE UPDATE DID NOT HURT ANYTHING. A friend told me it wouldn't hurt a thing if you cut around half. And he was right, nothing went wrong.

Seriously, your an idiot. Dont tell me nothing went wrong if you have this thread opened right now.

And dont trust "your friend". He's probably as much of an idiot as you are.

And yes, you are a complete noob. You have 6 posts, and it says "newbie" right next to your name. That says it all.

There was ABSOLUTELY no reason AT ALL to try to do some stupid stunt like that. You could have gotten what you wanted accomplished without trying a such rsiky move.

Oh, wow. You make it look like i know nothing, When i fact, i do have knowledge of hacking. The thing that went wrong was Unistalling the system Menu through a WAD smart one, thats why this thread is open now. My friend probably knows more than you. I just joined this forum. I hate forums, and obviously the problem was bad enough that i needed to see what a bunch of other people thought about the problem. Cutting after half WORK PERFECTLY. NONE OF THE PROBLEMS I AM HAVING NOW HAVE TO DO WITH CUTTING THE UPDATE. If i really had any problems after that "Stupid Stunt" I would of just restored my wii and, never would have installed the new menu, and never would of had this problem. What i am trying to get through to you, That you OBVIOUSLY don't get, is cutting the update did not affect ANYTHING, and the problem was caused by actually doing a noobish move by unistalling a DIFFERENT menu through a WAD.

Get it?

Oh, and by the way. I couldn't have done what i accomlished, because i had no way of getting boot2v4.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Well actually, call me a noob
We will...

You need to understand that the people in this forum will want to help you, but your "knowledge of hacking" and "smart friend" are leading you down the wrong path... Listen to some of the more experienced modders in the forum to get your wii online again, or don't, and expect this thread to continue the way its going...

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eddie_Brock said:
QUOTE said:
Well actually, call me a noob
We will...

You need to understand that the people in this forum will want to help you, but your "knowledge of hacking" and "smart friend" are leading you down the wrong path... Listen to some of the more experienced modders in the forum to get your wii online again, or don't, and expect this thread to continue the way its going...

Okay, i have SOME. The only reason i'm getting mad at all is because, people always get the idea that i am a complete idiot and know nothing at all, when i know something, don't treat me like a 4 year old. I want to learn more. But you guys are starting to make this not as fun as it really is. Okay? My gawd.

Posts merged

QUOTE(DeadlyFoez @ Dec 29 2009, 12:47 PM)
Facts. You are a noob. Your friend is a complete tard. You are even dumber for taking his advice. And I have WAY WAY WAY more knowledge than you know about.

If your friend is so smart, then why are you not asking him to help you?

More stupid things you did. Uninstall the system menu, did not make a nand back up before doing your stupid stunt.

Dude I will not help you any bit more at all. I hate arguing with the brainless type of people.

You know, Lets say that you want to have SP3 on your windows XP computer, but you dont want IE8. You dont go and pull the plug from your computer because of an idea that something might be done.

Why the hell would you want boot2v4 anyways. Absolutely pointless. And it you're friend was any smarter than me then he would have told you that it was pointless. He would have never recommended it.

Ok, so your stupid stunt is not what killed the wii, but it was an idiotic move anyways.

I did make a NAND, if it matters to you that much. Bootmii won't use it because they think i made that NAND from a different wii. Ugh, I'm done arguing with you. You are obviously hard headed, and i'm not getting anywhere talking to you.

Good day.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eddie_Brock said:
Try re-reading post #8...

You have the ability to get your SM back... Just reinstall your system menu, or use the disc update.
or he didn't read the instructions for GCsettings fix and didn't have the settings.txt file in the correct place or named correctly

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eddie_Brock said:
Try re-reading post #8...

You have the ability to get your SM back... Just reinstall your system menu, or use the disc update.

Those IOSes are already installed. I have already tried to install SM 4.2U, with no success, i'll try to install 4.1 and see if it works, and if not, the disc update is my last resort.

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
QUOTE said:
people always get the idea that i am a complete idiot and know nothing at all, when i know something

You are a complete idiot and know nothing if you uninstalled the system menu.

That is fixable with some hex editing. IDK if I would trust YOU with a hex editor though.

Haha, i sure am. But it's an experience i'll learn from. I know some stuff, this will add to it, and it wont happen again. :3
Don't trust me with one, i don't know how to use them. I'm a complete idiot, remember?

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
ztk863 said:
Those IOSes are already installed. I have already tried to install SM 4.2U, with no success, i'll try to install 4.1 and see if it works, and if not, the disc update is my last resort.

A disc update wont do a damn thing for you because no games can be run right now.

QUOTE said:
I know some stuff, this will add to it, and it wont happen again. :3

Is that a promise? Some people tend to never learn.

Gecko can run Discs still. Sure is, i'm capable of learning, belive it or not.

Posts merged

QUOTE([email protected] @ Dec 29 2009, 12:55 PM)
If you can get to a wad installer you can reinstall the system menu wad via sd card

I've tried that. I'm missing needed files to boot the menu. Settings.txt is missing, and my SYSCONF.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Facts. You are a noob. Your friend is a complete tard. You are even dumber for taking his advice. And I have WAY WAY WAY more knowledge than you know about.

If your friend is so smart, then why are you not asking him to help you?

More stupid things you did. Uninstall the system menu, did not make a nand back up before doing your stupid stunt.

Dude I will not help you any bit more at all. I hate arguing with the brainless type of people.

You know, Lets say that you want to have SP3 on your windows XP computer, but you dont want IE8. You dont go and pull the plug from your computer because of an idea that something might be done.

Why the hell would you want boot2v4 anyways. Absolutely pointless. And it you're friend was any smarter than me then he would have told you that it was pointless. He would have never recommended it.

Ok, so your stupid stunt is not what killed the wii, but it was an idiotic move anyways.

Dont tell me you have knowledge of hacking, when in the next sentence you admit that you did a stupid move of uninstalling the system menu. That does not sound like knowledge to me.

Buy a new wii and dont ever try hacking it again. Problem solved.

he is right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi