Hacking Bricked AK2i?!

clay008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My luck is just terrible... Less than 24 hrs after I updated my AK2i and had everything running just fine on my FW1.4U DSI, my 5-yr old did something to it and now my 'Danny Phantom' is gone and I get the 'There is nothing inserted in the game card slot' error message!!! WTF!? My son went to dinner with his cousin (I used his FW1.2U DSI to update my AK2i) and somehing happened and my nephew claimed my son touched to ''DSI icon' and a bunch of words/numbers came up and then my kid paniced and pressed something and just like that, Danny Phantom was gone...

Did he brick the AK2i by interrupting update? Cus now the AK2i won't show up on the FW1.2 DSI either... and I did notice the Micro SD slot is very loose and the SD card is practically falling out by itself. What could my son have pressed to cause this? I spent hours trying to fix his AK2i just 2 days ago and now this!? Damn it. Please help, again...

CodeEight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you should try formatting micro SD card and see how it goes. I dont have a DSI, im not sure if it was caused by a update interruption. If formatting the SD card fails then you would wanna try taping the SD card to the Aekard to make sure the SD and acekard is actually connected together.

clay008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me for being a complete noob, but how do you re-format the SD card? I checked the SD card and everything looked the same, all the files are there and seems business as usual, but the SD slot is indeed looser than I remembered. How do I 'tape' the SD and the AK2i? Thanks.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Concerning your formatting question. You get the Panasonic formatter from the download section and install it. There's nothing to it, it's basically a one click operation. Remember to backup your stuff, though.

coreyfrog

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
BAHAHAHAHAHA(no offence intended)

but im 13 and i still say things like that just go and say that you can fix it if he just tells you what he pressed he'll prob tell you then

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
if it doesn't show up in the dsi menu then it's nothing to do with sd card

try putting a piece of paper between the underside of the pcb and the case, the ak2i may not be making contact with the dsi pins correctly

or your son may have bricked it
try borrow someody else's ak2i (if you can) and use the dsl 1.4 updater on a phat or lite to attempt to unbrick the ak
Edit: maybe this thread will help... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=175008
Edit2: beaten by warbird
tongue.gif

warlock_ba

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello,

I have observed aswell the microSD holder in the AK2i is not the best built one, and while the microSD card is loose (or only parts of it are making contact) within the acekard microSD slot that the icon of the AK2i is not seen by the console - most likely because the Acekard has trouble to start with a "bad" microSD connection.

I tested this by shaking the console:
a.) with the microSD in the slot: sometimes card icon disappears and / or games crash or other weird behavior of the DSi itself (not games from card) - for example while playing music.
b.) without the microSD in the slot: it never has any problems like above.

If you remove your microSD card, does your icon appear at least? Even if it does not start?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
The Acekard will boot even with no Micro SD card, you'll just get an error.

It's annoying how many people have had this problem and people just spew out "ur microz ess dee kard is no work".

clay008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My AK2i will NOT boot/show up on both DSI (FW1.4U & FW1.2), with or without the SD card. I get the 'Nothing is inserted in the Game Card slot' message everytime... I think somehow the AK2i card is bricked. I ordered a new one and hopefully that will bring Danny Phantom back.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
It's either bricked or a faulty connection.

I was jsut having a go at those telling you it could be a fault with the SD card
smile.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
rose_petal said:
same thing has happened to me - and i have formatted the SD card even tried a different one. waiting on a response from acekard
mad.gif
read mine and warbird's responses before considering sending it back to team AK

Lanexi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSi and it has many defects to it one being that if its tapped with enough force at the bottom right corner of the d pad area it turns off another one is That sometimes the top screen is abit more loose than it should be and the third being that the cart slot is messed up and sometimes it doesn't read the cartridges so i have to push it in a little and it works so he might of unintentionally messed up the cartridge.

wilsonlam97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DON'T WORRY!!! I will help you.

Step 1. Get a DS lite/phat
Step 2. use another flashcart and bootup the acekard bootstrap/loader patch update
Step 3. once loaded, swap the flashcart with the acekard and start the update
Step 4. once update is done you are done!
Step 5. plug the acekard in your DSi and have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH