Hacking Bricked after Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0

res1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I apologize if this has already been addressed. I searched but couldn't find a solution.

Using Waninkoko's Firmware Updaters 4.0 I seem to have bricked my Japanese Wii, with a legacy Wiikey. Everything was going fine at first. However, after the Photo Channel I got an error and a black screen. After resetting I still get a black screen.

Is there anything I can do at this point, like using a SaveMii or am I screwed? Thanks.
smile.gif

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if it's a japanese system could it be you installed the american firmware on it causing the brick?

As far as what you should do in the future, be sure to install a save menu on your wii that your system will auto boot to if the system menu gets corrupted. My wii was bricked earlier today but I saved it because I was able to go into the homebrew channel in the save menu and reinstall 3.2

res1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wingzrow said:
Well if it's a japanese system could it be you installed the american firmware on it causing the brick?

Thanks for your reply. As far as I could tell Waninkoko's updater downloaded the Japanese firmware.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wans updater never works for me it always fails on ios38 content #15 error ret=1 fuck it must not work on Australian PAL. it never bricked lucky though I'm not touching this again.

res1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kashin said:
What do you mean by ''As far as i could tell'' ?
Do you remember actually selecting the proper (J) firmware?

Sorry for not being clear. Yes, it said (J).

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your not the only one, bricked mine too. I got a black screen saying the system files are corrupt (with part of the letters missing) but I somehow managed to get back into preloader and I ran CIOS downgrader to resort to 3.2U and all is well now, just not gunna run that program ever again.

bebs

Trophies
XP
Country
wingzrow said:
As far as what you should do in the future, be sure to install a save menu on your wii that your system will auto boot to if the system menu gets corrupted.

what do you mean?

is it possible to install a save menu?by what?

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dunno why that happened to you guys, but it worked like a charm for me. it put the 4.0E. then i overwrote the IOS 61 and 60 with the patched versions and now I am happy camper.

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it bricked my wii

it said the install was successful and I press a button to restart didn't restart.

cold boot: black screen...!

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
after the restart i got a system files corrupted message too, but worked out it was a guitar hero custom disc i had that was in the wii, took it out and rebooted and everything was fine for me. however the sd games failed to launch, possibly cos i use a microsd in an adapter rather than an actual sd card, so i reverted back to 3.2e. yay i got starfall back too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls