Hacking Bricked a Wii using Softmii. How do I recover?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Softmii 2.1.1 to downgrade a 3.4 Wii, I've done this twice before with no problems. I loaded the card. Installed IOS 16, installed cIOS rev7, loaded IOS downgraded, loaded any region changer, sucessfully downgraded to 3.2U, and then loaded preloader 0.28, after loading into preloader I loaded system menu and it says system menu is corrupted with some of the text garbled or missing. I thought this was the april fools thing and tried hitting all the buttons but it didnt work. So I somehow bricked this Wii. I can still load into homebrew channel though. Will upgrading to 0.29 fix it? Should I run Anyregion Changer again? How do I recover from it, what programs do I need? Any help would be very appreciated!

Edit: Preloader says IOS 50 and system menu 385, is that right?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean reinstall system menu 3.2, find the wad for it and install it? Will just running anyregionchanger again work the same?

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
softmii is just stupidly dangerous for a noob to attempt lol

have you seen there latest on there website?? they've made there own cios downgrader and stuff. i hope to god they've just made wanin's glossy or theres gonna be a shit load more of these threads.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So ARC didn't go well, do you have WiFi connection..??, if not try searching for the sysmenu3.2 and install it, then re-install Preloader and keep going..!!
smile.gif

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you got the correct hacks.ini file in the root of your sd card? If not that may have caused it. Failing that reinstalling system menu 3.2 via any region changer will get the wii to boot as normal.

Edit:
QUOTE said:
Preloader says IOS 50 and system menu 385, is that right?

Are you sure you correctly downgraded from 3.4, system menu 3.4 uses IOS 50 and system menu 385 is 3.4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality