Bricked 3DS with NO CFW installed, can't even boot in recovery mode

Lunar_Magika Sep 3, 2019.

1. Lunar_Magika
    OP

Lunar_Magika Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2019
    United States
    So I have recently modded 2 Nintendo 2DS systems with CFW, I have a 3rd one in my house that's bricked (NO CFW) I feel as though it's a hardbrick oh and there is also no SD card inserted in it, is there a way to fix it using one of my modded console's SD cards? (The light turns on and then back off, btw)

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    First place boot.firm on a fat32 SD card and if that doesent work do the NTRBoot method with a ds flashcart

3. Lunar_Magika
    OP

Lunar_Magika Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2019
    United States
    Oh, I need a completely new SD card then, well, time to go look through couches and shit.

4. hakd88

hakd88 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Australia
    This isn't going to work, you need CFW to launch boot.firm so don't even try if you are sure it has no CFW. You will either need a compatible flashcart to use ntrboot, a hardmod, or you can try to enter recovery mode (A+R+L+Up).

Try recovery mode first, and if you can get into it, then it is soft bricked. If it fails, it is soft bricked or hard bricked, and you should try ntrboot. If you can't do this or it fails, try a hardmod (READ THE WARNINGS!). If everything fails, then I hope you don't mind shopping for a new 3DS.

5. Lunar_Magika
    OP

Lunar_Magika Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2019
    United States
    Don't worry, if it doesn't work I plan on getting myself a new 2DS XL and giving my currently modded one to my brother (he's the reason I made this thread) also I can't seem to find the SD card driver on my ACER inspire, where is that supposed to be located?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

but, don't I need to install Steel Diver: Sub Wars (I'm using the steelhax method) to run the CFW?

6. hakd88

hakd88 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Australia
    No, you can't use that method because you can't even get as far as booting your 3DS into it's home menu. Ntrboot and Hardmods do not require you to get that far to install CFW, which is why I want you to try Ntrboot.

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    The light blinking on then off means it has CFW and is missing boot.firm, and isn't bricked. @Shadow#1 knows what he is talking about even if he is very concise at times.

@Lunar_Magika get an SD card formatted as FAT32 and put boot.firm from the latest Luma on it. If it doesn't work also try 7.1 and arm9loaderhax.bin from 7.0.5 as well (in case you have an older B9S or you have A9LH).

Last edited by Quantumcat, Sep 5, 2019
    hakd88 and Dartz150 like this.
  8. hakd88

hakd88 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Australia
    Latest Luma3DS
    v7.1 Luma3DS
    v7.0.5 Luma3DS

9. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.