Deleted member 383026

Tester for PojavLauncher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
So I was following this guide: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s to update from A9LH to B9S and it gave me this:

"An error has occurred
Unsupported launcher (argc = 0).
Press any button to shutdown"

Not sure what happened that might have caused this so I'm posting this hoping someone can help me with it.
I'm using a old 3ds firm 11.4
Thanks.

Last edited by Deleted member 383026,

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
So I was following this guide: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s to update from A9LH to B9S and it gave me this:

"An error has occurred

Not sure what happened that might have caused this so I'm posting this hoping someone can help me with it.
Thanks.
B9S was updated to 1.1 despite no one else being ready for it, so nothing really works with it atm, sorry to say. You'll have to wait a bit for a fix, but you haven't bricked, don't worry.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Edit: I'm saying that because that's the error it gives, from what I've heard.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I guess it would be nice to keep the older 3ds.guide with A9h alive and kicking with the last stable updated versions of CFW on it. At the time, everything else bothers simple noob users (95%) of CFW. Not everybody is a developper.....
Luma completely dropped A9LH support.

SanKuKai

Newcomer
Trophies
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500
XP
Country
United States
Luma completely dropped A9LH support.

I know. But one may still use older stable builds for A9LH, if it feels more secure to them, more easy.
I still keep modded consoles without godmode or b9s.
I think users should have more options/versions of the guide by plailect available to give noobs more choice about what they do, even unsupported versions. Just my opinion.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know. But one may still use older stable builds for A9LH, if it feels more secure to them, more easy.
I still keep modded consoles without godmode or b9s.
I think users should have more options/versions of the guide by plailect available to give noobs more choice about what they do, even unsupported versions. Just my opinion.
There haven't been any real brick happening with B9S installation so far.

There were several bricks (although not that many) from following the A9LH guide correctly. It seems that B9S installation is safer than A9LH's.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the bricks were mostly due to downgrading, most notably 2.1 to get the otp which is no longer needed. if u install b9s, u can use a button combo, which escapes my head, to dump ur otp along with a few other things like the bootrom.

SanKuKai

Newcomer
Trophies
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know what you are saying. I do not have REAL statistics of bricking to be able to judge a9lh vs b9s installation risks. As I never encountered trouble and have modded quite a few consoles.
I just think the more options users are given, the better. Again, I have machines modded with both (and older) methods referenced. Not all users care to upgrade hack methods, and more options are better in my opinion. As far as bricking risk, well, this is what we all sign for the second we start CFW'g, do we not?

Red_Wolf1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

"An error has occurred

Thanks.
Just update to luma 8.0, i had the same problem. Get it from lumas github and replace the boot.firm with it

elizer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

"An error has occurred

Thanks.

I had the same issue. But i succeeded by using a different SD card. Maybe formatting the card will work as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum