Hacking Brick Prevention Question

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is no way to get to bootmii if the wii is bricked if I have bootmii as an IOS? Is there another way to load priiloader besides using HBC or am I confused? I have not Installed bootmii as an IOS & backed up the nand yet or priiloader, they are in the HBC channel waiting though! If I cant access Bootmii or priiloader without home brew channel then I dont really see the point, Because if the wii is bricked then I can't access the HBC anyways correct? Any suggestions is appreciated. Have 4.2U Would like to have back up nand bin on pc in case a brick happens, but have to run Bootmii as an IOS, which means I can't access Bootmii or priiloader without HBC, which would not be possible in the case of a brick?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are many types of bricks.
You should install bootmii as ios and boot2 if possible, make a nand backup, install priiloader, install indiana pwns, patch your system ios, and atleast one ios loaded by games, ios36, 38, 53, 55 are good to have patched. It is also not a horrible idea to have a few of these with elevated version numbers.
I personally like corp system cios with corp cios36.

Don't become one of those FAIL stories who bannerbricks their wii with nothing to fall back on.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's a reason why Priiloader is called Priiloader. You can access it's menu if the System Menu and it's IOS are still installed by holding Reset. From Priiloader it is possible to access BootMii/IOS.

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
There's a reason why Priiloader is called Priiloader. You can access it's menu if the System Menu and it's IOS are still installed by holding Reset. From Priiloader it is possible to access BootMii/IOS.
OK Then all I need to do is load bootmii as an IOS (my only option) make nand back up and place on pc. Then load/install priiloader, so I can access priiloader via reset button later if a brick happens, then access bootmii via priiloader and restore nand back up. Does this sound like a good plan? Thanks!

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
There are many types of bricks.
You should install bootmii as ios and boot2 if possible, make a nand backup, install priiloader, install indiana pwns, patch your system ios, and atleast one ios loaded by games, ios36, 38, 53, 55 are good to have patched. It is also not a horrible idea to have a few of these with elevated version numbers.
I personally like corp system cios with corp cios36.

Don't become one of those FAIL stories who bannerbricks their wii with nothing to fall back on.
I could pretty much do everything up to installing indiana pwns, everything else makes no sense to me! This mii was soft modded by someone else!

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it is a good idea for you to ever restore a nand backup from bootmii ios. It can and does work, but if it goes south you will have one perma bricked wii on your hands.

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
I don't think it is a good idea for you to ever restore a nand backup from bootmii ios. It can and does work, but if it goes south you will have one perma bricked wii on your hands.

That's what I read and then was told oh well it would be better than nothing! I'm done. I have parental controls set, 24 connect off, block disc updates on & block online updates on. Everyone knows not to update anytime. I hope this will be enough! ???????????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The arcade version is so fun but the ports yikes lol