Hardware BRICK MY NEW 3DS XL, HELP!

andrevc6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you live in a house with no air conditioner? If you do, the humidity might be triggering the ON/OFF switch in the (POWER) button.

If instead your house is well cooled, maybe your n3DSXL is possessed? :O

no, i don't have an air conditioner.

The 3ds charger that i have was 110 volts, here in my city the eletricity thing is 220, but the charger changes the 220 to 110, but some times ago this charging wasn't working so good, so i bought a cable to charge the 3ds, and i put the 3ds to charge in the 220 power plug. I don't know if this is my problem, because the 3ds has turned on yesterday. But if this is my problem, what can i do?

Last edited by andrevc6,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, i don't have an air conditioner.

The 3ds charger that i have was 110 volts, here in my city the eletricity thing is 220, but the charger changes the 220 to 110, but some times ago this charging wasn't working so good, so i bought a cable to charge the 3ds, and i put the 3ds to charge in the 220 power plug. I don't know if this is my problem, because the 3ds has turned on yesterday. But if this is my problem, what can i do?
Is your battery able to do this? If it does, this might explain why the n3DSXL has a hard time turning on. It would be time to get a new battery.

Look for someone in your local area who specializes in repairing electronics or Nintendo handhelds. Better to ask around online and call them than physically visit their stores because you know... When or if you find someone, have him/her troubleshoot and fix the n3DSXL.

Since you don't have another n3DSXL to try that A/B parts swapping test, your last bet would be to gamble buying replacement parts like the ABXY powerboard and/or (POWER) switch flex cable and hope that replacing those yourself works to fix the problem.

andrevc6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it has turned on again lol

but this time i didn't try to turn it off. now i'm installing some games on it :)
i really don't know what to do, but it's alive

Solidsnake451

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has turned on again lol

but this time i didn't try to turn it off. now i'm installing some games on it :)
i really don't know what to do, but it's alive
Don't charge the system after you used it give it like a half an hour. I had the same problem a while back but with a dsi it wouldn't turn on but after letting it set for a while it did. Also don't charge it while your using it that will reduce the battery life. I had the problem with my 2dsxl

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't charge the system after you used it give it like a half an hour. I had the same problem a while back but with a dsi it wouldn't turn on but after letting it set for a while it did. Also don't charge it while your using it that will reduce the battery life. I had the problem with my 2dsxl
Not your problem but i had to get someone to replace the battery

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...