brick, just want to confirm if I can use pandora/mms to fix it

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by halcyon_, Feb 16, 2011.

1. halcyon_
    OP

Newcomer halcyon_ Newbie

United States
    Being the retard who wants to fiddle around with my stuff, I bricked my psp.
    First off, this is a refurbished psp 2003 which came from sony, now..
    I can't remember the OFW it came with after I received it but I was able to permanently 5.00 install m33-4, 5.00 m33-6, 5.50 GEN-D3, 5.50 GEN-D3 Prome-4. As per my previous problem (posted about crisis core crashing, due to fake memory stick), my memory stick became corrupted and thus I had to reformat it which removed the eboot on the root, but forgetting about that I decided to install 5.50 GEN-D3 again and it froze while still installing it, hoping that it will successfully install itself, I left it there for a while but then it turned off, then I tried to turn it on and there goes, it's bricked, fully bricked (can't access recovery menu).
    I made a pandora battery myself out of the battery which the psp came with and used the fake memory stick to make an mms, but apparently when I placed the "pandora" battery in it, the psp doesn't automatically turn itself on (with or without the mms inside the psp). So I thought that there was something wrong with how I made my "pandora" battery, took it out again and made sure that I cut the correct line, put it in but still nothing.

Now just want to know if I can use the pandora+mss to fix it, after reading crap tons of stuff I found this post about how to know if your psp is hackable with a list of models which can be used with pandora on a different site (am I allowed to post link to other forums here? anyway if needed I will send you a pm for it) which said
    Fact that I was able to permanently install CFWs on it already makes it a fully hackable psp which came with 5.03 or below OFW, and it also had 7D written on the date code supporting my previous statement. But I still am not able to make my psp run with the pandora battery that I made myself, I can assure you that I have cut the correct wire/or whatever it is, and followed different guides in creating an mms. I can ask my room mate to use his psp and soft mod the battery to make it a pandora but I also stumbled upon a post which said that his psp got bricked after someone used a pandora battery on it (assuming I successfully made it into a pandora battery).

As I've mentioned in the beginning of my post, this is a refurbished psp 2003. If you need other information just please ask and I will try my best to supply you with what you need.
    So again here are my questions;
    Can I use the pandora/mss method to unbrick my psp?
    Is there a chance that my psp doesn't work with pandora (assuming that I made the correct pandora battery)?
    Can I use/Are fake memory sticks to create an MMS (it had "magic gate: unsupported" on the info back when I was still able to use my psp) ?

I know and am fully aware that taking this to people who know what they are doing (shops etc) and are experts at this matter is a much easier and much more secured way of getting this fixed, but I normally fix my own stuff and take my things to a shop as a last resort, but worry not if I still can't fix this after asking for help here then I'm just gonna go ahead and send this thing in to get fixed, buy myself a genuine stick and a new battery.

Now I know most if not all of you will bitch at me and ask me why I did all those stuff to my psp where I could've just left it like that and play my games fine, but yeah that's just how I roll, "experiment" with things, try out new stuff, break it, learn not to do it again(

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Pandora will work. I've formatted all of the PSP's internal memory and it'd still boot off a pandora.

Since you could install firmwares it is fully-hackable and pandora will work.

I don't know if fake memory sticks work as an MMS.

3. halcyon_
    OP

Newcomer halcyon_ Newbie

United States
    So then it is either because
    a.) I didn't make a pandora properly [the battery still works, when I switch it on the power led will glow green]
    and/or
    b.) Fake memory stick is being a bitch, just like that.
    To confirm that I successfully made a pandora battery, when you plug in the battery, it should turn itself on automatically right? (again just want to confirm things, don't wanna jump into conclusions)
    I'll try to make it a pandora battery again and hope it works with a fake memory stick as an MMS. If that still fails as I've said I'm dropping this and take it to a shop. Anyway I'm almost late so I really have to go now, thanks for the quick reply I'll check back on this thread later.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It's the battery. Even without a memory stick, when you insert a pandora into a PSP that can use it the power light will turn on (without you having to hit the switch).

5. halcyon_
    OP

Newcomer halcyon_ Newbie

United States
    Well I guess you're right, I brought it to a shop and they had their own pandora, now it's fixed.
    I don't know why my battery didn't work but I swear to god there's already a huge scratch on it (followed the pandora/mss stickied guide), I can still use the battery normally though. Anyway case closed thanks again. Right now it's running 5.50 gen-d3, won't try to do stupid stuff on it until I get my own pandora and a real mms.