Brick Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Etheopia, Jul 18, 2009.

Jul 18, 2009

Brick Help by Etheopia at 8:09 AM (680 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Etheopia
    OP

Newcomer Etheopia Newbie

United States
    I need help bad because I killed my friends wii with a low level brick and need advice.
    It started with SoftMii 2.1.1 installed on his wii but from what I herd MiiWii is better... so I tried to give him MiiWii and Bricked on step 1. Not sure what I did but heres what happoned. His Wii Was running 3.2 with HBC (From the Hackmii 2 installer) and I did the softmii guide to downgrade from 4.0 and got that to play backups but Som,e had problems so I wanted MiiWii. All was well, but then He called me about backups that did work having the disk updates so I told him he needed Preloader which he didn't want because of the endless disk spinning with standby connection (Which I dont understand. Why can't I get it not to do that on standby? Even Preloader 0.29 does that for me.) I had my SD with The MiiWii files on it (Because preloader was in there) and I said why not just give him MiiWii too? So I had done this exact thing for my neighbors like a day ago (Update Softmii to MiiWii) and I was like "I dont need the guide I did this already! So I ran step 1 (Which installs some kind of system Menu Wad and it 289 i belive...) and I got an error like half way through... So Im like huh... (But if you read the MiiWii manuel it says this step is sometimes unessisary so I said.. MOVNG ON!!! (Idiot I am...) and went on to try and install starfall (Which is step 2) and It gave me an error. Then Preloader installer gave me an error.... So Im like huh... lets resart your wii and see if that fixes it. Black screen. I realise now I could have saved it had I not left the hbc. damn. Savemiifrii had no luck... probably cuz there is no system menu... and Now Im left with what to do now. Send it to nintendo? Buy a new main motherboard? Infectious? I didn't give him bootmii because at the time I didn't know what that was. Im scared of Nintendo because will they be able to see the SoftMii stuff? cios and all that? Also It has been opened and I attempted to put a chip on but I suck at soldering so I gave up and put it back together. It still worked though... so I turned to soft mods. I dont mind paying $75 because $250 is alot worse! Any advice? I've heard some people say Nintendo wont care and some say they will penalise you. Help please!!!

2. ften

Member ften GBAtemp Regular

Bangladesh
    Does SaveMiiFrii give you the black screen with the System menu version on it or is it just a plan black screen? Also his System Menu was running 4.0 or 3.2?

-FTen

3. Etheopia
    OP

Newcomer Etheopia Newbie

United States
    He was on 3.2 and it was just black. No menu version.