Hacking Brick - hard restore of NAND?

nippyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys

I accidentally injected the security_a EU file into the sysNAND of a JP 3DS and now it is bricked and unable to enter recovery mode.

Stupid thing to do, I know. It was moment of clicking confirm and then the cold realisation of what you've actually just done!

I have a NAND backup as well as emuNAND backups.

Is it possible to fix this with additional hardware such as raspberry pi?

Thanks

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you'll have to perform a hardmod or commission someone to do it. I swear there was someone who did it in EU, but I can't recall who that was. (Would tag/name someone guessing it was them, but that would be pretty rude of me)

What kind of model is that 3DS? N3DS, XL?

If you're doing it yourself, you'll want to see this post and use the proper pinout for the model you have: https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-there-any-guide-for-hardmodding-a-2ds.410942/#post-5992506

nippyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you'll have to perform a hardmod or commission someone to do it. I swear there was someone who did it in EU, but I can't recall who that was. (Would tag/name someone guessing it was them, but that would be pretty rude of me)

What kind of model is that 3DS? N3DS, XL?

If you're doing it yourself, you'll want to see this post and use the proper pinout for the model you have: https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-there-any-guide-for-hardmodding-a-2ds.410942/#post-5992506

Thanks guys. I will probably attempt it myself, but if there is someone in the UK that could do it pretty cheaply that would also be an option.

It's an N3DS XL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)