Hacking Breath Of Wild DLC - Game Usking to Update

peterjung

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched for this but I can't find anything on this...

I have Wii U with CBCH set up and working great. However I have downloaded the new DLC with USB Helper and installed with WUP Installer GX2.

Seems to have instal;led correctly however now the Wii U is saying an update:

You must operform a system update to play The Legend of Zelda....

Can anyone advise how I can play the new DLC without a system update?

If I do a system update will that screw up all my hacks?

Thanks in advance!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have searched for this but I can't find anything on this...

I have Wii U with CBCH set up and working great. However I have downloaded the new DLC with USB Helper and installed with WUP Installer GX2.

Seems to have instal;led correctly however now the Wii U is saying an update:

You must operform a system update to play The Legend of Zelda....

Can anyone advise how I can play the new DLC without a system update?

If I do a system update will that screw up all my hacks?

Thanks in advance!
If you have CBHC or Haxchi you can update. You can also just download the new game update with usb Helper and install it.

peterjung

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have CBHC or Haxchi you can update. You can also just download the new game update with usb Helper and install it.

I can update with CBHC? OK... thanks I never knew that.....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a guide to doing this... or failing that anything important I need to know?

peterjung

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a guide to doing this... or failing that anything important I need to know?

Thanks Uumas... download the new game from Wii USB helper and off and running now.. cheers!!

Akorax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had to perform a system update on RedNAND in order to play v 1.4.1. Up until now the console only announced that a system update was needed but cooperated when the update failed. Yesterday that was not the case. Nothing I did helped me get around performing a system update this time. Here is a post with some alternatives how to update RedNAND if that's what you're looking for.

z0nvy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Right now, I was having some issues to play Zelda as well, after last Game updates from the last days or hours. However, I did something to get it working. This might work with you as well depending on your setup: what firmware version, signature patch method and blocking updates methods you're using.

Background: My setup is CBHC on 5.5.1 and when trying to launch Zelda, it was asking for a system update. The option I have for blocking future updates is deleting the 'update' folder as described here https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/ (I don't use any DNS blocking)
Whit this blocking-updates method, I would have access to netfilx, youtube and internet browser without issues while preventing my system to update to 5.5.2 or newer. I stepped away from TubeHax method (set specific DNS) because I found it unreliable from time to time and couldn't access all those services/applications (netflix, youtube, internet browser) from my Wii U.

What I did today was to install latest Zelda BOTW update downloaded from wii u usb helper. Right now 12/16 11:44 PM Central US time the latest Zelda BOTW update version available on Wii U USB helper is v176 (1.4.0) as you can see below. I understand this update v176 was released on 12/7 by Nintendo:
upload_2017-12-17_0-4-5.png

However Nintendo released v192 (1.4.1) a couple of days ago but for some reason is not showing on Wii U Usb helper yet. I heard Nintendo released it but they pulled back from their servers next day for some reason. Anyway, let's hope it's just matter of time until it's available again on Wii U Usb helper to download as normal.

I also downloaded and installed latest DLC from Wii U USB Helper. Then when trying to run Zelda, it will say something like "your system requires an update" giving you two options: Yes or No. If you choose No, it will cancel leaving you on the Wii u menu (it won't launch the game). If you choose yes, you are taken to the system config->Update screen. Since I'm using the method which erased the 'update' folder, the system update attempt will fail leaving you in that system config->Update screen.

Then in order to have the game launched at this point is to make the system 'fail' to do the initial version check/update when trying to launch the game. This is: setting some dummy DNS like primary 1.1.1.1 secondary 0.0.0.0, or turn off your wifi, or block somehow your wii u ability to connect to internet, more specifically, to communicate with Nintendo update servers. What I used was to set up a dummy DNS and then launch the game, in this case, it will say something like "there's a problem trying to update, do you want to launch anyway?" giving you to options: Yes or No, you know what to choose here. Then I could launch Zelda BOTW updated to 1.4.0 and latest DLC installed (the champion's balad) :yayu:

Last edited by z0nvy,

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Does Zelda needs 5.5.2 now to work? I downloaded the game + DLC from USB Helper. For whatever reason there's no update downloaded (I figured it's part of the game's download?) Now USB Helper doesn't work for me and I can't check it out. When game launches it asks for some update to download. I'm on 5.5.1 + haxchi.

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Damn, I can't find it anywhere in wup format. Can somebody post it anywhere? US update (I think it's legal)

Last edited by HE1NZ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not legal. it's nintendo's property.

Just update officially. let the console connect to the net.
if you don't want to update the console (for whatever reason), you'll need to use spoof and the update checker (nnu) patcher before launching the game.

even easier, update to 5.5.2, don't use dns, don't use nnu patcher. just launch the game to update it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person