Breath of The Wild or Wait?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Yinxx, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Yinxx
    OP

Yinxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    United States
    In the basement.
    So recently I bought switch and I am wondering if I should buy Zelda, or wait for another game and buy since I can't afford to buy that much. If anyone has suggestions, please reply to this thread. Thanks.

2. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Price probably isn't going down any time soon, so all waiting will do for you is keep you from playing now. It's a long game that should keep you occupied for some time if you let it.

iAqua likes this.
  3. Yinxx
    OP

Yinxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    United States
    In the basement.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll be buying Breath of the Wild.

4. Judas18

Judas18 Queen Kunty

Jul 30, 2011
    England
    I've never been into Zelda I always found it boring, but Breath of The Wild is amazing! I find it very difficult to put it down so I'd say it's well worth the money and it'll keep you occupied for quite a while.

5. Yinxx
    OP

Yinxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    United States
    In the basement.
    Thank you too for the suggestion, I think I'll be buying Breath of the Wild.

6. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    When a new game come it will be also expensive. So buy now what you can buy.

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I've played in a long time, and possibly the best Zelda game since OoT, it's probably always going to be known as one of the best games on the Switch so if you could only afford one game, it should be that one.

8. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    ++

Also this game is pretty extensive, so if you're looking to 100% it and avoid using walkthroughs as spoilers it'll last you long enough so that when you're bored of it you can easily afford new games.

9. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Breath of the Wild has hundreds of hours of gameplay.
    It's probably going to be one of the best games of 2017. You're doing a massive disservice to yourself and your Switch if you don't get it.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  10. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    is it still worth it if you have the WiiU version ?
    i have a switch but no game , i wanted to get Disgaea 5 Complete instead of Zelda.

apparently D5 has english subs even in the jap version.

11. Shikkichu

Shikkichu Just a Pika Girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Wherever my Pikachu is.
    It is, I have the Switch and Wii-U, only because my mother is hogging the Switch
    I'm on my 3rd playthrough of BoTW on Wii-U now, this time Pro Hud, No teleporting landmarks, and not gonna look at the map as much as I possibly can, excluding the dungeons.

12. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Blaster master zero is on switch, and is $10 with planned dlc, is fun and i like it a lot. Don't get me started on the breath of the wild stuff, so far on switch blaster master zero, shovel knight are my favorites right now.

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  13. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    does bmz/sk have good replay value?

on your.. 3rd playthrough already? ._. holy smokes i feel slow now.

i am a very slowish gamer , i only played 40minutes of it.. can you tell me how long it takes to beat the main story of the game please.

14. Xen0

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Why would people buy Switch to release in the first place when they don´t want Zelda?

15. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    They need them some Snipperclips.

16. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The fact DLC is planned for future, i say about at the moment the way the game is, the replay value is probably as much as a metroid game. Keep in mind is not a A+++ title with $40-60 price range, is $10 budget project for a game that hasn't been in production for years (considering blaster master overdrive was on wii in like 2009) So is about as much replay as metroid or castlevania or cave story. DLC should perhaps add another reason to play it again, unless perhaps you find it worth speed running :P

Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild can be beaten in short time. According to many, accessing the final dungeon (Hyrule castle) is available anytime after the first objective of the main quest (Which is getting the paraglider) Of course no one expects you to just run there, as soon as possible. :D

leonmagnus99 likes this.