TheArchitect-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey guys,

Been playing the game for quite a bit and have been wondering why there's barely any voice acting in the major cutscenes. So I went on Youtube and found the same cutscenes I already watched but with voice acting present. Is my leaked download missing some files or is it a settings thing or what?

K

KingpinSlim

Up until Kakariko you should hear two people talking in cutscenes.
The mysterious old man and the lady with the big hat. (I know their names. Trying not to spoil here!).
If that doesn't work for you that may very well mean your version either simply has no audio for your region or your download is defective.
I have never seen anyone from Austria post here, so i am not entirely certain which language it should output.
My Wii U is from germany but the language is set to english.
Why not try fiddling around with your Wii U region/language settings?
It may very well work.

Reactions: TheArchitect-

TheArchitect-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks, after toying around a bit turns out the problem was in the audio settings of the WiiU.
Switching audio output from surround to stereo solved it. Never had a problem with that before, but whatever Nintendo...

Reactions: KingpinSlim

PetitMagique

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, after toying around a bit turns out the problem was in the audio settings of the WiiU.
Switching audio output from surround to stereo solved it. Never had a problem with that before, but whatever Nintendo...
Are you using ARC? I had the same issue in ME3 and it's because the WiiU doesn't play nice with ARC on my Vizio. Directly connecting to my Denon AVR fixed the issue.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hah, yes. I had the same problem before. I couldn't hear voices during cutscenes in some other game. Same thing.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
The only voice I'm hearing is the female voice that says "Link, link", etc. The old man just makes grunting noises. My Wii U is a UK one, set to English and set to Surround output, and is connected to my receiver (which doesn't support ARC) via HDMI

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The mysterious old man and the lady with the big hat. (I know their names. Trying not to spoil here!).
If that doesn't work for you that may very well mean your version either simply has no audio for your region or your download is defective.
I have never seen anyone from Austria post here, so i am not entirely certain which language it should output.
It may very well work.
The old man doesn't speak... He only makes grunting sounds.

milhousevanhouten

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

Been playing the game for quite a bit and have been wondering why there's barely any voice acting in the major cutscenes. So I went on Youtube and found the same cutscenes I already watched but with voice acting present. Is my leaked download missing some files or is it a settings thing or what?

same here but when I go to gamepad mode there is voice acting for me

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It may very well work.
I had the same problem on the switch version in docked mode.
No voices in docked mode (work fine in handheld mode), I switched from Surround to Stereo in the switch' settings (TV output).
Thanks.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know what surround is :rofl2:

Serious note, I never had surround sound and I assume it's amazing compared to stereo. I thought having multiple speakers connected to the system was surround sound. But it's not. It's just louder noises since all of them is being played at the same time concentrated.

Surround sound is more of a environmental ambient thing, with multiple speakers, each one is dedicated to a specific sound channel that plays during the media. For example, music comes out of two, speech voice comes out of other two others, and footsteps and other can come out of another, each one is independent, and because the speakers are "Surrounding" the person playing the game/media, it sounds like it comes from different angles of listening, simulating a realistic experience.

The reason why you can't hear voices was cause surround sound setting, the setup wasn't there and the speaker dedicated to voicing the characters was missing. Stereo outputs all audio through two speakers so it means a lot. You will miss out on some sounds from the game due to lack of surround sound setting being on without it. :ninja:

That goes back to super famicom days where very few games like Super Turrican and Star Ocean had surround sound (doubting snes can use them at the time but what do I know) I never had such a thing. :P

https://www.gamnesia.com/articles/throwback-thursday-top-5-uses-of-surround-sound-on-snes

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Asia81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol