Breath of the Wild modding, BCML, nightmares, please send help.

Joeynator3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I got into modding back on the Wii U with Smash, it was confusing but I eventually got into it and had fun. Fast forward to the Switch and Smash Ultimate, I eventually tried to see if modding THAT would be possible since my Switch was a semi-launch console. Setting up was also confusing but eventually got that mess set up and eventually Smash mods (only custom music because that's the only thing I cared about there, lol).

I want to mod more than just Smash though, I did some minor nsfw stuff with Atelier Ryza, but, eh...

So here we are, a few days ago I tried Breath of the Wild on the Switch...again, a nightmare setting things up. But this was...worse...and even more confusing. Anyways, dumped the stupid game, installed BCML, tried installing just a few simple mods that said they should perfectly fine together. Annnnnnd, game crashes when trying to launch it. Tried reinstalling mods, even removed some, still crashes...

All that work...for nothing...

If anyone wants to help me understand why BCML sucks and how to get some of these mods working...yeah...please? I decided to join this site just for this, maybe I'll ask for help on other games that hasn't been messed with on Switch before (like Monster Hunter Rise or God Eater 3, they're up on my list. >_>)

As for Breath of the Wild mods, it's the Linkle mod with a couple of others that go along with this, such as the girly animations, dialogue fix stuff...I would add a nsfw mod but of course there's not switch version as far as I know...and converting Wii U mods apparently is a nightmare as well and I had no luck whatsoever with that, go figure.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
...Guess I'm screwed, then...? :/
BCML is only good for Cemu. For everything else, there's not a good guide nor anyone that would like to help understand it.

I also tried it and even asked people in Gamebanana, but not even the creator of the tool helped me in any way.

I second your post in asking someone who went through it all on how to use BCML with the real Switch hardware and not emulators.

Joeynator3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BCML is only good for Cemu. For everything else, there's not a good guide nor anyone that would like to help understand it.

I also tried it and even asked people in Gamebanana, but not even the creator of the tool helped me in any way.

I second your post in asking someone who went through it all on how to use BCML with the real Switch hardware and not emulators.
Yay a response! >.<

Yeah GameBanana isn't helping at all, they did tell me to go to their discord, and someone BARWLY helped me...get nowhere before the guy just vanished on me for the day. -.-

It's been driving me crazy not being able to get TWO mods working together, and the pages even said they are supposed to work together, wtf? TwT

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yay a response! >.<

Yeah GameBanana isn't helping at all, they did tell me to go to their discord, and someone BARWLY helped me...get nowhere before the guy just vanished on me for the day. -.-

It's been driving me crazy not being able to get TWO mods working together, and the pages even said they are supposed to work together, wtf? TwT
For only Linkle mod, you can simply download the non-BCML version and extract the romfs folder in:

SD:/atmosphere/contents/01007EF00011E000

I've put it in tandem it with the inventory icons mod for Linkle mod (extracting the non-BCML version in the same directory) and it has worked alright so far.

Joeynator3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For only Linkle mod, you can simply download the non-BCML version and extract the romfs folder in:

SD:/atmosphere/contents/01007EF00011E000

I've put it in tandem it with the inventory icons mod for Linkle mod (extracting the non-BCML version in the same directory) and it has worked alright so far.
Yeah, I think the Linkle mod alone works for me, was hoping to combine it with a bit more like the girly animations and maybe a few new armor stuff or something, was also hoping to find a nsfw mod but...of course that's Wii U only...and converting is a nightmare. >.<

Was hoping someone here would be able to figure that out and run me through it, there has to be a way.

Rodel

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah, I think the Linkle mod alone works for me, was hoping to combine it with a bit more like the girly animations and maybe a few new armor stuff or something, was also hoping to find a nsfw mod but...of course that's Wii U only...and converting is a nightmare. >.<

Was hoping someone here would be able to figure that out and run me through it, there has to be a way.
you need to click export if you want to use in atmosphere and all install mod will combine..or you can message me im here to help.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

Joeynator3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to click export if you want to use in atmosphere and all install mod will combine..or you can message me im here to help.
Just woke up over here, but yeah...I've tried everything, even removing the dialogue/map fix mod, trying bot positions with the load order for Linkle and the animations, remerging....nothing works. >.<

Joeynator3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I figured it out...I think the issue was when I was dumping the game I thought the Update option was something else and not the base game. Turns out it's the updated base game and that's why things weren't working right.

Ugh...whatever, I finally got it working...lol

reze_ha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I got into modding back on the Wii U with Smash, it was confusing but I eventually got into it and had fun. Fast forward to the Switch and Smash Ultimate, I eventually tried to see if modding THAT would be possible since my Switch was a semi-launch console. Setting up was also confusing but eventually got that mess set up and eventually Smash mods (only custom music because that's the only thing I cared about there, lol).

I want to mod more than just Smash though, I did some minor nsfw stuff with Atelier Ryza, but, eh...

So here we are, a few days ago I tried Breath of the Wild on the Switch...again, a nightmare setting things up. But this was...worse...and even more confusing. Anyways, dumped the stupid game, installed BCML, tried installing just a few simple mods that said they should perfectly fine together. Annnnnnd, game crashes when trying to launch it. Tried reinstalling mods, even removed some, still crashes...

All that work...for nothing...

If anyone wants to help me understand why BCML sucks and how to get some of these mods working...yeah...please? I decided to join this site just for this, maybe I'll ask for help on other games that hasn't been messed with on Switch before (like Monster Hunter Rise or God Eater 3, they're up on my list. >_>)

As for Breath of the Wild mods, it's the Linkle mod with a couple of others that go along with this, such as the girly animations, dialogue fix stuff...I would add a nsfw mod but of course there's not switch version as far as I know...and converting Wii U mods apparently is a nightmare as well and I had no luck whatsoever with that, go figure.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/made-a-...-nintendo-switch-console.607473/#post-9744030

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
@jnl1 actually I do. The issue is when I followed all the steps, it made me lose the folder contents under Atmosphere. It just disappeared. And of course the bnp file was not installed. Did you follow it exactly or made some changes to make it work?

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The merged export directory was on my PC´s HDD and not on the SD-Card.
I copied the content folder by hand afterwards to the SD-card.
But besides that I sticked quite tight to the tutorial.

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
The merged export directory was on my PC´s HDD and not on the SD-Card.
I copied the content folder by hand afterwards to the SD-card.
But besides that I sticked quite tight to the tutorial.
@jnl1 can you please elaborate a little more? I also exported to my hdd after it failed and now I have a zip file of around 1Giga. What should I do with it?

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I run BCML, add the second wind mod via the plus down in the right corner, after a short time it creates two folders
01007EF00011E000 and 01007EF00011F001 in your output directory. I add thos to atmosphere contents.
That´s it.
I also used this tutorial for setting up BCML:

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
I run BCML, add the second wind mod via the plus down in the right corner, after a short time it creates two folders
01007EF00011E000 and 01007EF00011F001 in your output directory. I add thos to atmosphere contents.
That´s it.
I also used this tutorial for setting up BCML:

@jnl1 I put the content of the zip file exported from bcml into Atmosphere/contents and it did the trick! Thanks a lot for your precious help.

Reactions: jnl1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr