Hacking Breaking the 32 gig size limit on USB RGH.

RyanVashEngstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Is fatxplorer the only way to get a 1tb drive to work as fatx? Is there any other way to patch the nand with the higher storage limit?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So does externals.

I'd just upgrade the internal drive.
Far easier and quicker.

If you're keen on USB loading, format the HDD to FAT32, FSD only reads FAT32

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
is your X360 a slim??
if it is, you can get one of this:
XBOX360_Slim_replacement_HDD_Case_shell_Wholesale_accept_OEM.jpg
or do this:
IMGP0033-1.jpg

also, manufactured USB drives are just notebook sata drives shoved inside an USB enclosure, you can disassemble it and insert the hdd directly to your slim with the methods I mentioned above.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

RyanVashEngstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Well the goal is to have my retail stuff on my internal drive and use the external drives I already have for rgh stuff I am already using fsd with the drive as fat 32 but I want to use the normal dash and not fsd so fat32 isn't going to work.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
AFAIK you can't load RGH games from USB in the official dashboard. RGH will only load them from official dashboard if you have an internal drive and with games in GOD format or XBLA.
I think you could format your USB drive to FatX, install some games in GOD format in your internal and then copy them from internal to USB like you would normally from the system settings, but I'm just speculating and you'll be limited to 32GB anyway.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, yer 360 is a Dual NAND? Why not use an external FAT32 for FSD games? Or use 2 internal HDD's. There's no way a 360 USB MU can go above 32 GB. You could hook up 2 and have 64GB in total but they can't go above that limit. Also, Why use the normal dash when in RGH mode. It's inferior to FSD/Aurora.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
also, manufactured USB drives are just notebook sata drives shoved inside an USB enclosure, you can disassemble it and insert the hdd directly to your slim with the methods I mentioned above.
Some recent USB drives actually have the SATA electronics removed from the drive and replaced with USB electronics, so the above isn't always true.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some recent USB drives actually have the SATA electronics removed from the drive and replaced with USB electronics, so the above isn't always true.

This makes no sense, there are no "USB" driven drives. all consumer hard drives are SATA nowadays. the hard disk controller has to be SATA.

RyanVashEngstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
You obviously haven't opened a portable hdd lately all usb 3.0 drives ive worked on are usb no sata ports. Now thats for 2.5 drives don't know about 3.5.

Reactions: pelago

RyanVashEngstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
It isn't.... also I stated I was doing my setup this way because I didnt have to buy anything I already had the drive no purchase required. And it has been great use original dash to manage memory and Auroras for playing. also auroras kicks the crap outta FSD way faster and prettier to look at.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So, yer 360 is a Dual NAND? Why not use an external FAT32 for FSD games? Or use 2 internal HDD's. There's no way a 360 USB MU can go above 32 GB. You could hook up 2 and have 64GB in total but they can't go above that limit. Also, Why use the normal dash when in RGH mode. It's inferior to FSD/Aurora.

Could you partition a 64GB SSD into two 32GB partitions, and them both seen as two separate MUs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it