TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The makers of X3MAX claim that they have Jailbroken a v3.50 console, no need for any downgrade!
QUOTE said:
posted on logic sunrise

[Excluded LS]: Firmware 3.50 jailbroken by X3max!

And this is the third major advance in the world of hack Playstation 3: The jailbreak firmware 3.50 the PS3 by Team X3. After the jailbreak firmware up to 3.41, then downgrade the firmware 3.50, now the X3 team has managed to run homebrew on official firmware 3.50 without downgrading!

The announcement is important, and Logic-Sunrise has done well to have bet on this team. 2 big questions:

- Games like Gran Turismo 5 (requires firmware 3.50) work?
- This update is compatible with the X3max? Is it free?

We have that kind of information on LS in a few hours, but the feedback I have from them show a free and compatibility with X3max with an update, but I prefer to have confirmation. Until we have more information, a video of the feat.

source
edit: crazy shit, and the ps3 master key is rumored to have been found? poor, poor sony!
cry.gif

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
let's hope and see what the future unfolds!

i'm quite psyched for this but nothing has been "officially" showed up to "us" consumers.

might be all a hoax for all we know! But for once lets think positive!

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure this is real, I a mean after all, this is logic sunrise after all. What would be the logic behind faking something like this? They are a respected established member of multiple scenes.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoob said:
Awesome if this is real... It's good to see the PS3 scene really starting to pick up the pace now!
nayps3.gif

yea, i really wish that the 360 scene would have picked up this pace as well, but it's all rebooters and loaders.. not a single actual homebrew project out there that i know of.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting news if it comes to pass.

@The Living Shadow I would never say there was a lot but there are more than a few emulators (indeed a PS1 emulator was posted not so long ago) and several ports of old games as well as a few assorted homebrew games..

Jackaltyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The planets are aligned... 3.50 has been hacked!
Let's hope they continue this work so that the PS3 can be exploited further!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
till sony release a update that upgrades from 3.50 and disable all usb devices, we all can see it
frown.gif
i will buy a jailbreak that will work on ANY firmware and is fully future proof and immune to sonys attacks, then i would invest in a jailbreak!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll continue cheering for Sony on this one. Just don't want to see PS3 go the way of the Wii in terms of "homebrew." Let's not kid ourselves about the popular uses of a broken PS3.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GeekyGuy said:
I'll continue cheering for Sony on this one. Just don't want to see PS3 go the way of the Wii in terms of "homebrew." Let's not kid ourselves about the popular uses of a broken PS3.

This. I don't want any cheating bastards when I play online.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
till sony release a update that upgrades from 3.50 and disable all usb devices, we all can see it
frown.gif
i will buy a jailbreak that will work on ANY firmware and is fully future proof and immune to sonys attacks, then i would invest in a jailbreak!

Dont be negative.. You sound like you are on Sony's side.
rolleyes.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sephxus said:
raulpica said:
Yes! If this is real, I'm so upgrading and playing some PSN online!
biggrin.gif
No one has confirmed whether or not this will be able to play games. Only homebrew for now.
I was infact talking of 3.50 OFW
smileipb2.png

If this is real, I might just update for now, and then JB it later.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FAST6191 I was talking more along the lines of the constant stream of homebrew that used to be posted at tehskeen and the homebrew that Another World post's on a regular basis. I mean, they ported Open GL to the wii, you can't get much better than that for graphics. the 360's been broken for some, not all consoles for quiet a while, and it's mostly loaders like i said. I've been watching afterdawns 360 forum, xbox scenes rss and elite mod scene's forum, jpizzle and the few others over there are good on news, but they don't post much homebrew.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
AaronUzumaki said:
I have a question. Can the cheap USB Debug Board 1.1 at ShopTemp use this software to "break" the PS3?
Dude, nobody knows yet, read the post.

You mean nobody has tried ShopTemp's device? If so, wow. If not, then let me rephrase my question. Can you use the older, existing 3.4 version of this software with the cheap USB Debug Board 1.1 at ShopTemp?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates