Brazillian Judicial Court blocks YouTube

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by knl, Jan 9, 2007.

1. knl
    OP

knl I can change this?

Jun 2, 2003
    Brazil
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/01/...l.ap/index.html

yeah. what the hell. sex on the beach? more like sex on the bitch. Cicarelli deserves to die. a painful death. [​IMG]

2. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Hello Proxies......

3. knl
    OP

knl I can change this?

Jun 2, 2003
    Brazil
    k how would proxies help if the ISPs themselves block access? proxies only help to change IP. even if I change my IP, all my internet requests go through the ISP.

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Use a foreign proxy. Your ISP cannot keep a foreign computer from accessing a different foreign computer, and if you can access the proxy server, you can see whatever it forwards to you.

5. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    If I was YouTube I would block everyone accessing the site from Brazil. Even if they do ever get the video removed no one in brazil will be able to access it. What ever happened to the internet being uncensored.

6. Kaphis

Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Richmond
    you are not very familiar with how proxies work, proxies don't just change your ip address, it creates a tunnel between you and the internet, what the proxy can access, you can access

7. cenotaph

cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

Oct 24, 2006
    United States
    I find it sad to see how an entire nation has to suffer due to a single weak-minded individual, no matter how well known that individual is within the international community.