Hacking Brazilian Method and Haxchi. Do I need RedNAND?

TheZoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies.

From what I understood, Rednand isn't needed to run backups. Nor homebrews.
Can someone explain me what it is useful for, then ?

So, if I understood correctly, I need to:

- Run Haxchi
- Run simple signature check patcher (or do I need fw.img? Is it better for this?)
- Run WupInstaller y Mod and install, for example, an eShop game without a valid title key (a key downloaded from "that" title website would be fine, right?)
- Close it (WupInstaller y Mod) and open the game

Is that it ?

If that's correct, a few more questions

- Should I install those games to internal storage or USB storage? Does it make any difference?
- What about DLCs? Should they go only to the internal storage, only to USB storage, any of them is fine, or neither will work?
- For example, I own some of the SSB DLCs. Can I replace in some way the authorization (ticket? file?) with a version that unlocks all fighters/stages/etc ? Sadly, after Nintendo moved out of my country officially, it's hard to get extra stuff :(
- Other than installing system titles, is there anything I should be paying attention to avoid bricking and/or other unrecoverable damage?

Again, Thank you very much for your support! :D

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

- Run Haxchi
- Run simple signature check patcher (or do I need fw.img? Is it better for this?)
- Run WupInstaller y Mod and install, for example, an eShop game without a valid title key (a key downloaded from "that" title website would be fine, right?)

Is that it ?

- Should I install those games to internal storage or USB storage? Does it make any difference?
- What about DLCs? Should they go only to the internal storage, only to USB storage, any of them is fine, or neither will work?
- For example, I own some of the SSB DLCs. Can I replace in some way the authorization (ticket? file?) with a version that unlocks all fighters/stages/etc ? Sadly, after Nintendo moved out of my country officially, it's hard to get extra stuff :(
- Other than installing system titles, is there anything I should be paying attention to avoid bricking and/or other unrecoverable damage?

Correct. I recommend you use the fw.img instead since it can survive a soft reboot(sys. Settings) and install games on USB if you have one.

TheZoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Correct. I recommend you use the fw.img instead since it can survive a soft reboot(sys. Settings) and install games on USB if you have one.

If I have one ? That means I can install unsigned stuff on the system storage without risk of bricking? :)

May I ask about this stuff as well? :)

Thanks again!

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have one ? That means I can install unsigned stuff on the system storage without risk of bricking? :)

May I ask about this stuff as well? :)

Thanks again!
There is no risk of brick as long as your installing games, DLC, and VC titles. As long as you don't install system titles or mess with wupserver (unless you know what you're doing) then you are fine.

Last edited by zeldaism,

TheZoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you again!

Another question that came to my mind: I have a few DLCs com SSB unlocked. Should I backup them prior attempting to get some kind of "full dlc unlock" or something? :)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

- Run Haxchi

Is that it ?

Rednand is a sandbox. You hack away and you won't brick. For this purpose it's nice.

If you're super worried about bricking and have any trouble with CBHC's instructions then stay away from it. I have to admit tho. It's nice.

What you need to do is set up haxchi to autoboot to system menu. Do this in your config.txt file on your SD in your haxchi directory. Then reinstall haxchi to the same game you did initially.

Now every time you tap haxchi it will boot you to a sigpatched sysNAND. All games/updates/DLC and VC titles will work now.

When you reboot you'll have to tap haxchi first time every time to play your fake signed titles. Or just set up CBHC and set it and forget it.

TheZoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Rednand is a sandbox. You hack away and you won't brick. For this purpose it's nice.

If you're super worried about bricking and have any trouble with CBHC's instructions then stay away from it. I have to admit tho. It's nice.

What you need to do is set up haxchi to autoboot to system menu. Do this in your config.txt file on your SD in your haxchi directory. Then reinstall haxchi to the same game you did initially.

Now every time you tap haxchi it will boot you to a sigpatched sysNAND. All games/updates/DLC and VC titles will work now.

When you reboot you'll have to tap haxchi first time every time to play your fake signed titles. Or just set up CBHC and set it and forget it.

Thank you for your reply!

I did setup Haxchi, and I'm really happy with it. I'm avoiding CBHC just in case I forget about it in future updates (better safe than sorry!)

Since you were kind to reply this old topic (even though I found a temporary solution), can I ask you something else?

What is Mocha CFW, how it works? Is it a somewhat improved version of "simple signature check patcher", that can be used as a easy replacement?

Thank you very much again!

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your reply!

I did setup Haxchi, and I'm really happy with it. I'm avoiding CBHC just in case I forget about it in future updates (better safe than sorry!)

Since you were kind to reply this old topic (even though I found a temporary solution), can I ask you something else?

What is Mocha CFW, how it works? Is it a somewhat improved version of "simple signature check patcher", that can be used as a easy replacement?

Thank you very much again!
Haxchi sysmenu = Mocha. Mocha just offers wupserver which is kinda useless if you aren't a dev.
For now Mocha is useless if you don't want redNAND but dimok is working on FAT32 support so...

Reactions: lordelan

jp0ll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured it might be best to post in here rather than starting a new thread since I have a similar question. I setup my WiiU with haxchi and installed the Homebrew Launcher Channel. I have been installing games to my external hard drive and launching them after running haxchi when I bootup my console. Do I need MochaCFW/redNAND at all if all I plan on doing is installing games/updates and launching them? Thanks.

R3d0s3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nothing exclude an extra small update with security check, to make sure and sell extra zelda botW.
Just for those that had it with the Wiiu, and won't purchase the Switch for Zelda.
What is a small update for a few million $$ in zelda sell.

Last edited by R3d0s3,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Reinstall so the config.txt takes effect? I thought haxchi reads the config.txt file in execution time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1