Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
OK guys big update here:

Before starting, my stats:
NTSC USA Wii, with Wiikey v1.9g, and Firmware 3.1U, Region Override = ON, Wiikey DVD Speed = 6x

I got the game to work. NOTE: After this method, I DO NOT have dual channels of News and Weather, and my WiFi / Home button / Message Board STILL WORKS 100%.

To sum up:

1) I burned two copies of the game, both at 4x on Memorex DVD-R: 1 was a straight burn, the other had been patched by BrickBlocker 1.3, available here: http://rockman.18.free.fr/img/WiiBrickBlocker_v1_3.rar

2) I then inserted the STRAIGHT copy of SSBB into my Wii, and I was prompted for an update. (This update would have given me the dual channels and other problems if I had let it reach 100%)

3) I started the update, but then at around 15%, when the update bar was under the "w" of "Power," I unplugged my console.

4) I then re-plugged my console, and inserted the BrickBlocked DVD of SSBB. The game works using this disc.

Note: after using this method, throw out you copy that is NOT BrickBlocked, because it is useless.

Off to play the game!
biggrin.gif

fuch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also don't know where the region override is (never had to bother with it)

Honestly though, why the shit wouldn't I wait a couple of days for the dual layer proper release. Oh, because I have 0 patience.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States

Honestly though, why the shit wouldn't I wait a couple of days for the dual layer proper release. Oh, because I have 0 patience.
were in the same boat.

...so can someone hook us up with a link to a file that we can burn so we can change our wiikeys settings to turn on region override...

dashkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

were in the same boat.

...so can someone hook us up with a link to a file that we can burn so we can change our wiikeys settings to turn on region override...

Just use RegionFrii to patch the ISO, it's the same thing the mod chips usually do on the fly.

fthepress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
3) I started the update, but then at around 15%, when the update bar was under the "w" of "Power," I unplugged my console.

laugh.gif
this is called mp3 trick.

Actually, you don't need to unplugged you power line. Just eject the disc is OK.

Anyway, this is a good news, if I can bured a D9 disc, I could use the same way to run SSBB under the 2.1J wii.
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back