Brawl+ Issues with Neogamma

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Droogie, Jul 16, 2010.

  1. Droogie
    OP

    Droogie Newbie

    Newcomer
    3
    0
    Jul 16, 2010
    United States
    I'm trying to get Brawl+ to run through Neogamma via my backup disc. I've run into a few issues however; the stages that are supposed to be custom/frozen either aren't or when I try to select them the whole thing hangs. The physics seem to be working for the most part, and the hacked character list is present.

    I'm using Neogamma R8
     
  2. Droogie
    OP

    Droogie Newbie

    Newcomer
    3
    0
    Jul 16, 2010
    United States
    hmm, simply using Neogamma R9 beta 30 fixed it. I can't believe I didn't even think to try it :/
     
  3. WiiPower

    WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    8,165
    72
    Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    That's good to hear. I just looked at the R9 changelog, i can't tell you which version did fix your problem. It could be that it's using a newer libogc now, or it could be related to the way you boot it. Did you use the official R8 .dol, or some autoboot version? Did you boot from HBC or as a channel? If that should be the cause of the problem, it would mean a lot of work for me.
     
  4. Droogie
    OP

    Droogie Newbie

    Newcomer
    3
    0
    Jul 16, 2010
    United States
    well initially i was trying to boot from a forwarded neogamma channel and i was having no success at all (just plain old brawl was loading). i don't believe this channel was using the official .dol. then when i tried launching from HBC (with official .dol), neogamma seemed to load only certain parts of the brawl+ code. the modified physics and character list were present, but the updated menus and stages were not.

    R9 works flawlessly from HBC and i've tried two different forwarding wads and both worked flawlessly as well. brawl+, wii backups, gamecube backups, etc. all run beautifully.