Hacking Brawl+ Issues with Neogamma

Droogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get Brawl+ to run through Neogamma via my backup disc. I've run into a few issues however; the stages that are supposed to be custom/frozen either aren't or when I try to select them the whole thing hangs. The physics seem to be working for the most part, and the hacked character list is present.

I'm using Neogamma R8

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's good to hear. I just looked at the R9 changelog, i can't tell you which version did fix your problem. It could be that it's using a newer libogc now, or it could be related to the way you boot it. Did you use the official R8 .dol, or some autoboot version? Did you boot from HBC or as a channel? If that should be the cause of the problem, it would mean a lot of work for me.

Droogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
That's good to hear. I just looked at the R9 changelog, i can't tell you which version did fix your problem. It could be that it's using a newer libogc now, or it could be related to the way you boot it. Did you use the official R8 .dol, or some autoboot version? Did you boot from HBC or as a channel? If that should be the cause of the problem, it would mean a lot of work for me.

well initially i was trying to boot from a forwarded neogamma channel and i was having no success at all (just plain old brawl was loading). i don't believe this channel was using the official .dol. then when i tried launching from HBC (with official .dol), neogamma seemed to load only certain parts of the brawl+ code. the modified physics and character list were present, but the updated menus and stages were not.

R9 works flawlessly from HBC and i've tried two different forwarding wads and both worked flawlessly as well. brawl+, wii backups, gamecube backups, etc. all run beautifully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: