OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I've burnt Brawl using Verbatim DVD+R DL on 2.4x speed with ImgBurn,
It worked well, but today in the morning(it's 19:55pm here now) I got a green error (I couldn't read what it says except for "Wii") which didn't let me play, so I turned my Wii off.
Then I turned it on after an hour or so and it worked, so I kept playing, and after a while, again, the green error.
Crystal107 told me to unplug my Wii and wait a few minutes, then try again, it worked but then..the error came back.
Now it won't let me play Brawl at all, not even a few seconds like it did before, what do you think I should do? I don't want to open my Wii.
I still have a warranty on my Wii(PAL, 3.1E)+Wiikey(Region Override ON speed 3x),
I tried both 50Hz and 60Hz, still nothing.
Please help me,
Thanks.

Hermessz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Ho, I've got that problem as well, but not always. DVD5 for me works perfectly, without a clue to even a scratch, but sometimes I got slow-run and those stuff.
Then I downloaded DVD9, burned with Nero, and even checked the burning's quality, got 93 out of 100, and everything works OK, but there are bigger chance of slow-runs, and in everything that wasn't soppoused to work on DVD5 (Single player, all movies modes), now hardly work and get the damn GREEN ERROR.
Omer, for you to know, it means "Wii can't read the disk" it's the error of can't read. You can just eject the disk and put it back, sometimes it works, but when I play classic and it happenes almost everytime I try to play this, it's not able to read even after.
I don't want to open my Wii as well, but it's not always the laser problem (I think, otherwise, tons of wii's probably gotta have this problem).
Let's wait for clues that will help us prevent this terrible error.

Hermessz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Tried that methode too, no change.
But an idea that just poped my head, maybe it's a problem of burning?
Because the green error tells about something with the second layer of Brawl, and I wanna remind, it only gives me error on the ripped stuff on DVD5. Maybe this could be the problem? Not a good burning on the second layer which is the DVD5? (Which works perfectly for me)

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I don't know what to do and I really want to play Brawl,
I want someone to say what I should do, not what he thinks I should do because I don't want to waste more money on discs or a burner, this stuff costs too much here in Israel..

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
An update on the situation(kinda), when I unplug my Wii and plug it in back and start Brawl at 50Hz, the game works, so I'm going to the Wii menu and turning 60Hz on, and it works for a little time then the error comes back.
What does it have to do with 60Hz? On 50Hz I can't see the names below the % and stock so it's annoying..
Edit: I tried it again and the error came back at the loading screen, so it has nothing to do with the 50\60Hz
I don't think it's the laser, if it is then how come I could play Brawl for 7-10 hours?

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
It doesn't work on 50Hz, the problem comes back everytime, usually on a loading screen like when pressing start after choosing a character or a stage, winning a battle etc.
:'(
Oh and, I don't even kow why, I stupidly tried booting Brawl with GCOS, Of course it didn't work, then I tried to boot it normally and it gave me an error(not the green one, but a one in english)

Hermessz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Well, if you love Brawl so much and still wanna play it somehow, use the DVD5 like I do. Beware of doing crappy stuff, otherwise you'll waste DL's and ruin your Wii's laser by putting in crappy media. Once I used Philips DVD+R with regular Wii iso, it made my wii almost unplayable, then I THREW UP that garbege philips and used only Verbatim and Fujifilm.
I think the best disk there is for the Wii will be Taiyo Yuden. But it only sells in Japan, it's a damn high quality japanease recordable media, and there are not any Taiyo Yudens in Israel or here (at least close to me)

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
My favorite mode is SSE xD
I can't just do normal battles..
I'm thinking about burning with a different media, which one should I use? Now I use Verbatim DVD+R DL

Hermessz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Well, check where it is made, india = crapp. Singapore = fine.
As I mentioned before, if you can find in Israel (I never been in israel, but I don't think there are taiyo yudens in there) Search for Taiyo Yuden. If not, Fujifilm is a good media, all of my games are burnt on Fujifilm, including Brawl DVD5, which works magnificent.
If not Fujifilm, then go for TDK, if that doesn't work, try Memorex (I don't like it, but people report it as working)
I wanna remind, buy +R DVD's, not -R, people reported about issues with -R's.

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
You mean DVD+R DL, right?
And my Verbatim discs are made in Singapore
I don't want to just waster money on these discs because they cost too much.. so I want a disc that will work 100%
Crystal107 from this forum told me she and her friend used Verbatim DVD+R DL and it works 100%, they had the green error but unpluged the wii for a few minuts then it never came back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person