Gaming Bravely Default will force update?

sjeps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
i have an untouched 3DS XL with firmware 4.5

I've ordered Bravely Default.
Will it force to update my 3ds with new firmware? (blocking future Gateway usage?)

I don't know if this has already been asked..

Dinomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it almost certainly will.

Seems as though Bravely Default has just been dumped by CONTRAST. As soon as http://3ds.essh.co/ updates the list we will know exactly what firmware it comes with.

Also note that the EUR/US versions will be based on an updated version of the game, so it won't come with the 4.1 like the original JPN release did.

sjeps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
so the only way to play it without updating would be buying a gateway and running it from emunand

or would firmware spoofing suffice

tecra_a8

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if the game is built on sdk 5, then u will need latest OS via emunand, if it isnt, then firmware spoofing will work fine

Ris312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
 Min 3DS Firm:          6.2.0-XE
 Save Crypto:           6.0.0-11 KeyY Method
[+] CXI Partition
 Product Code:          CTR-P-BTRP
 Company Code:          00
 Unique ID:             00fc6
 Build Type:            Release
 SDK Version:           4.2.5 Release
 Req. Kernel Version:   2.35-0

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the game is built on sdk 5, then u will need latest OS via emunand, if it isnt, then firmware spoofing will work fine

Naw, with the latest GW firmware I can run it on 4.5 system NAND and play the new Zelda just fine.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Bravely default question!

Is it worth playing? I been playing for an hour and I keep seeing message such as "sleep point" which is like ingame currency you purchase with real money, having friends send you their character via street pass / friend code, finding people through street pass to work on your village. If we aren't supposed to use streetpass etc while on gateway just incase patch gets required and if thats the reason is the game worth playing? Has anyone played it for 10hours+ (maybe japanese version) and can give a summary of what we may lack by playing on gateway and if its damaging overall gameplay.

EDIT: is there a way to simulate street pass interaction to get some characters in your game without actually connecting to another device.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: is there a way to simulate street pass interaction to get some characters in your game without actually connecting to another device.

Check out the wifi section for what's called "HomePass" - it allows you you street pass with others right from your home.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: