ROM Hack Bravely Default Save Editor

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
This save editor has been discontinued and is not supported by me as I do not own a 3DS nor the game anymore. Truly sorry for those who wished for a save editor as mine is buggy and may cause crashes so do proceed with caution if you intend to use it anyway.

Hello everyone. There's been some requests on this for awhile now and even I was trying to get my hands on one but no one else ever made one yet, so I thought why the hell not and make one myself.
With the help from @Oswarlan for his source code on his amazing Village Editor (Thread here), @Oishikatta and everyone else in his/her thread, especially @[SIZE=4]ak!1[/SIZE] , @EclipseSin for the offsets etc. and @Doredialilligan & @badger_vm for their sample save file (Thread Here), I made a simple save editor.

REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge on re-importing/re-exporting your GAME#.sav save file.
.NET Framework 4.0 for the program (I think?)

What can it edit?
  1. Max Money
  2. Unlock all magics. (White, Black, Summoning Magics etc.)
  3. Unlock all jobs
  4. Unlock Encyclopedia (Not full at the moment) & Event Viewer
  5. Unlock New Game+ & Special Movie option
  6. Max Characters' Levels
  7. Max Characters' Job Levels
  8. Give all items (currently some not at max (x99))
  9. Unlock characters (when some characters aren't in the party)
Something that I might or might not add:
  1. Outfits (Thanks to @Asia81 & @FGFlann)
What can it "maybe" edit, if someone gets around to it?
  1. Specific item editor, magics editor, abilities editor, jobs editor
  2. Genome
  3. Every other things
What can it NOT edit?
  1. Village Editor, which is already made by @Oswarlan (Thread here).
If anyone else figures out how the save format works, feel free to PM me or post them here.

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SAVE JUST IN CASE!
Note: I've tested the save editor on a clean and progressed save file, everything seems to work fine for me.
Regardless, always make a backup just in case.

Steps to use:
  1. Extract save to PC (with svdt (preferably) or any save managers)
  2. Open GAME#.sav with the program (filename needs to be "GAME#.sav" to work, # can be 0, 1, or 2)
  3. Open the save editor and click on any options that you want.
  4. Save the edited save file, then re-import the edited save file to your 3DS, then load the game.

v0.7a
Download is available : HERE

Source code: HERE

Please report any bugs you find here.

Last edited by ukee,

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi ukee,

as you maybe know, im working on an SGE for this game too. (closed beta ready -waiting for feedback of the tester and it is not so static as your program but ok).
The 9,999,999 Money makes trouble if you are playing around with magic/jobs outside the battle. For me the game crashes.

Have you this game?
Maybe we can work together

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi ukee,

as you maybe know, im working on an SGE for this game too. (closed beta ready -waiting for feedback of the tester and it is not so static as your program but ok).
The 9,999,999 Money makes trouble if you are playing around with magic/jobs outside the battle. For me the game crashes.

Have you this game?
Maybe we can work together
Hm I'm not sure, I've been using the FF FF FF 7F to get the 9,999,999pg and everything works fine, I don't get any crashes or whatsoever. Which game region are you on? Are you editing the 0xBEEA-0xBEED offsets?

And sure why not, it'd be great to work with someone on the editor.

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, updated my editor to add some stuffs.
Link : Here and also on the first post.

Aaand, I think I found the starting offsets(?) for Edea's job levels?
I think they start around 0xD030, though I've not dabbled with it yet.

If anyone could try figure it out that'd be helpful, thanks.

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Since Browserhack died, I can't do bakups or anything like that so I left the other thread and I can't test the @sweatbox save editor or your new editor :(
Ah that's unfortunate, should've installed menuhax when you had the chance. ;C
I have to thank you for the sample save files you provided in the other thread cause it did helped me with my editor.

Also I've updated the editor to now able to fully max out job levels of all characters.

Download is HERE or check first post

Do report to me if there's a bug to it.

Doredialilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ah that's unfortunate, should've installed menuhax when you had the chance. ;C
I have to thank you for the sample save files you provided in the other thread cause it did helped me with my editor.

Also I've updated the editor to now able to fully max out job levels of all characters.

Download is HERE

Do report to me if there's a bug to it.

I really hate you for discover Edea and Ringabel's Jobs now that I can't use them hahahah
The "All Items" is for Swords and all this things or only for Potions, etc...?

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I really hate you for discover Edea and Ringabel's Jobs now that I can't use them hahahah
The "All Items" is for Swords and all this things or only for Potions, etc...?
idk but I'll probably just copy paste whatever is in your save file's inventory tbh xD
but I'm also not sure if I'll actually add that function though, I don't really understand the item offsets yet

Doredialilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
idk but I'll probably just copy paste whatever is in your save file's inventory tbh xD
but I'm also not sure if I'll actually add that function though, I don't really understand the item offsets yet
Now I'm just before the real Final Battle, so I have more things. I'm sorry that I can't make a backup for you :,(

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't try other hack, because I'm at the very beginning of the game (just restarted another time <3 ) and for now have just Agnès and Tiz.

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I didn't try other hack, because I'm at the very beginning of the game (just restarted another time <3 ) and for now have just Agnès and Tiz.
I tested my save editor on a clean save and everything seems to work fine, the money hack is working and even the other job level hacks do.
It could probably be region issues. :c

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm already max leveled in the game BUT I would love one for the encyclopedia or attentively let me go in my winter break and I'm planning to fill it, so maybe I can share you my 100% save file so you can check that to add it in the editor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.