Hacking Bravely Default Language Auto-selecting Japanese?

pu1se80

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese N3ds user here. (Gateway and Sky3ds)

I have a US version Bravely Default CIA, but the game is auto-selecting Japanese for the language. Um, why? And how can I stop it, lol. Are there other games that exhibit this behavior?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Japanese N3ds user here. (Gateway and Sky3ds)

I have a US version Bravely Default CIA, but the game is auto-selecting Japanese for the language. Um, why? And how can I stop it, lol. Are there other games that exhibit this behavior?
Language is chosen based on the language of the 3DS itself.

Some games like Pokemon allow you to choose a language, but most won't.

You'll have to change your emuNAND's region to EU/US if you want to play games in your preferred language.

pu1se80

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, is that a thing? Can emunand be from another region than the console itself? I'll have to have a peek around. Thanks.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Language is chosen based on the language of the 3DS itself.

Some games like Pokemon allow you to choose a language, but most won't.

You'll have to change your emuNAND's region to EU/US if you want to play games in your preferred language.

ummm ... isn't Bravely Default a multi language rom ? quite sure the japanese version had language selection option ...

edit: aaack nvm , that was For the Sequel ... but isn't EU/US BD based on For the Sequel?!

pu1se80

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, looks like the emunand from another region idea isn't exactly a science yet. Not sure it's being worked on either.

As far as English being selectable, it is, though you have to play through the opening section I think before you can access the option to change it. It just prickles my stupid OCD ass when something doesn't work the way "I" want it to, lol.

The sad thing is, I actually have a US N3ds but wanted to save it. Partially so I have the good one in case I bork anything up with my noob script-kiddy skeelz and also to justify the money I wasted on the Japanese model thinking I was so smart to get in while the firmwares were exploitable.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Jap 3DS only has jap language in it, so it can't be changed without hacking..

(to be precise, other languages are programmed in, but cannot be selected)

Well that's rather dickish of them, on top of region-locking already being a dick move... :/

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its not something you can do on the n3DS yet
Good point. I missed that bit.

Can't you just change the 3DS's language to English?
No. You can't choose different languages on a Japanese 3DS.

Jap 3DS only has jap language in it, so it can't be changed without hacking..

(to be precise, other languages are programmed in, but cannot be selected)
Please don't use that word. It's insensitive, offensive and derogatory. "JP" is the preferred abbreviation.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well that's rather dickish of them, on top of region-locking already being a dick move... :/

I recently found out that the US-Version of Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. contains European languages, probably Japanese, too (didn't test).
And this game is about to release over here in nearly two months... I don't know what Nintendo is thinking, but it's just mean to let people wait two months for an already finished piece of software.

Reactions: Jayro

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good point. I missed that bit.

No. You can't choose different languages on a Japanese 3DS.

Please don't use that word. It's insensitive, offensive and derogatory. "JP" is the preferred abbreviation.
Welcome to the 21st century, we are far away from the second world war and the american occupation.
Jap shouldn't be considered derogatory anymore, it is just a fucking abbreviation.
In any case they still call themselves Yamato, that derives from the Chinese way of seeing them as midgets (and that was in a derogatory fashion). Hell if that is not derogatory, but "Jap" is, what the hell is this world.
I hate how in the English language one of every there words is considered offensive and you should go around with a lawyer just to talk.

PS: actually, that is completely inaccurate as Yamato does not derive from Ya as I thought, so take all I said in the post and throw it to garbage, except my opinion of the BS thing about the English language and it's 'offensive' words.

Reactions: Queno138

pu1se80

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the helpful info guys. Guess I'm just going to go ahead and get the Japanese version of For the Sequel since there's no censorship in that version... Don't judge me.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently found out that the US-Version of Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. contains European languages, probably Japanese, too (didn't test).
And this game is about to release over here in nearly two months... I don't know what Nintendo is thinking, but it's just mean to let people wait two months for an already finished piece of software.

Yeah, it's released here in the U.S., and it's already in English, so why it isn't shipped to Europe is a mind-boggler.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.