Brand new Wii's and their chips

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by poinky, Jul 7, 2007.

Jul 7, 2007
  1. poinky
    OP

Newcomer poinky Newbie

I just recently picked up a Wii, and I can't figure out what kind of chip it has based on it's serial.

It is a LU 313 series.

Does anyone know what kind of chip it has and whether or not it has cut legs?

2. poinky
    OP

Newcomer poinky Newbie

Ok, I did some research, and it looks like up to LU 314 is alright, but at LU 315 it looks like people are getting cut legs.

Does anyone know for sure? I don't have a triwing screwdriver, so I can't confirm it yet.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Cut legs is nasty but not critical, what you want to watch out for it drive chip version: d2c chips appeared a short while ago and as of yet I believe nothing supports it.

As for serial it is not foolproof (opening a looking is the only way) but here are some threads dotted around this section and the wii devices and utilities forum.

4. aligborat69

Member aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

Yeah my friend bought a wii and it arrive last week, we thought it might have D2C, he bought it from choicsesuk when they had it priced wrong, £150 or so with Resident Evil 4, but they honoured the price, his serial was LEH114... and from the forums i have seen, it was unclear if it had cut legs or D2C, so i said, lets just open it. Turns out was only D2B and not cut legs, so wiikey went in fine and hes very happy! Best deal ever!

5. rigz2007

Newcomer rigz2007 Member

United Kingdom