Brand new Wii U stuck on logo screen.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by bob4455, Dec 25, 2016.

1. bob4455
    OP

bob4455 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    Just bought for Christmas. First time I turn it on, it is stuck on logo screen forever. Cant setup or do anything. Restarting and unplugging didnt work. Any ideas?

2. icw35

icw35 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 22, 2010
    Possibly bad luck. Maybe some arse bricked it and swapped it out. Either way your gonna have to return it under warranty and get a new one.

3. ddurdle

ddurdle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2015
    Canada
    Anything on the gamepad?

4. bob4455
    OP

bob4455 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    I can't believe they would ship buyers a console that they haven't even powered on to check.

yea the gamepad says in 3 languages to turn on both the Wii U and the TV

5. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    It's not that Nintendo did it, the retailer probably got it as a return and put it right back on the shelf after it appeared to turn on. Walmart is really bad at this. I bought a N3DS there that was actually on inside the box. Someone had returned it in standby mode which means it hadn't even drained the battery yet. I also bought a DVD player once that someone had taken out and swapped with a broken VCR.

If you got it from Walmart, you need to take it back and complain that their return department is terrible for shelving a used and defective unit as new

6. bob4455
    OP

bob4455 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    this was ordered from nintendo

7. Jennyn

Jennyn Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2016
    United States
    The exact thing happened to us. We bought refurbished from Nintendo and it is stuck in the same place, white screen with Wii U logo. I also can't believe Nintendo would send out a machine without checking if it works! Our previous Wii was very reliable so I assumed the Wii U would also be great. So far it has just been frustrating. Were you ever able to get your system synced? We've tried everything.

8. bob4455
    OP

bob4455 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    no nothing works, it really messed up our christmas... i'm calling this morning to bitch and complain

9. Brian_McInnis

Brian_McInnis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    United States
    Exact same thing just happened to me when I got my refurbished one from Nintendo. Mine was black, and it looks like most or just about all the broken ones were. Were yours? If they were, try getting a white one next time.