brand new wii - help : is 4.3.1 hackable with modmii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by stefer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. stefer
    OP

Member stefer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi, i modded my wii with modmii and it worked great. (I have a release day wii).

Now i haven't done much other wiis either and i didn't follow the wii scene much since this summer. I know big N released an update, i found that some people call it 4.3.1 , and it's probable that a brand new store bought wii has that one.

I know that modmii does 4.3 fine, and i know about the letterbomb hack, etc.

My question is, does modmii help you hack a brand new wii that have that 4.3.1 update, do usb loaders work, will it work fine, or is there limitations?
    My friend is buying a Wii and we're looking into this. I tried searching the forum, for 4.3.1 , summer update, etc. couldn't find anything to help.

2. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    sure. only limitations are no Wii and GC games via burned media.

3. stefer
    OP

Canada
    Thank you very much for the prompt reply!

4. Augusta

Member Augusta GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    4.3.1?

5. stefer
    OP

Canada
    Suposedly it's still 4.3 and marked as 4.3, but there was an update during the past summer that blocked some trucha stuff, and some forum posts mentionned it as "4.3.1".

6. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Hm well, I bought a black 4.3E a couple of months ago, which I checked for updates for before modding it.
    I didnt get promted for any update, so either a) There is no new update or b) my wii already had this update, in which case I can confirm letterbomb working on this version.

7. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    the only thing affected by the 4.3.1 update was trucha bug restorer which doesn't matter since we were given ahbprot with the latest version of the HBC, which led to IOS236 Installer. Exploits will behave the same on 4.3 as on "4.3.1"

8. impizkit

Member impizkit Lazy Lurker

Australia