Homebrew Question Brand new SX OS (PRO) user, album doesn't work

PegasusOrgans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed two separate guides, that were quite simple, and they led me to believe that once I got the license set the CFW should work flawlessly.
Yet, when I click album, nothing happens. Press R and L, nothing happens. I hold R while opening album it freezes w "Press A" and I can only exit that by clicking home. Now, I may be stupid but not this stupid.

Also, the guides never mention creating emuNAND or updating to get exFAT working, as if it should work auto when installing 2.8 beta SX.

Last edited by PegasusOrgans,

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
It does work flawlessy, you are doing something wrong.

Make sure sd is fat32 (to start with at least)

Copy license.dat and boot.dat to sd card.

Turn off switch, slide down jig, insert dongle, turn switch on to inject payload.

You should now be in the SX OS boot menu, does that happen... please confirm.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Try the proper release of sxos 2.5.3 first, not the beta build this sounds like a beta build issue to me. If not that then try activating your license through sxos site and generate the dat file put that on your sd card.

Last edited by Reecey,

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
Tx has been calling all versions since 2.5.3 beta so he needs to be using the latest 2.8.x version.

This is an SD card issue im sure, he isnt booting into CFW by the sounds if it.

Probably using exfat without installing exfat driver is where i shall place my bet and therefore it doesnt read the files on the SD card.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Tx has been calling all versions since 2.5.3 beta so he needs to be using the latest 2.8.x version.

This is an SD card issue im sure, he isnt booting into CFW by the sounds if it.

Probably using exfat without installing exfat driver is where i shall place my bet and therefore it doesnt read the files on the SD card.
I’ve had the issue before myself with the rest of the menu freezing, it’s a known issue with the beta build has been for a while, you have to use the general 2.5.3 release it sounds like he’s on a lower firmware than 8.1.0 which this does happen.

Last edited by Reecey,
D

Deleted User

Meh to me this is all about whether he can jig and go into sxos menu or if he connects to pc does tegra smash detect his switch. If not he does not have an exploitable console. Simples.

Last edited by ,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Meh to me this is all about whether he can jib and go into sxos menu or if he connects to pc does tegra smash detect his switch. If not he does not have an exploitable console. Simples.
He can see the sxos menu so it’s exploitable. He probably sorted it in the end but never came back as to what it was but I have seen this problem myself using the beta build after 2.5.3 general, remember the general release 2.5.3 has been out quite a while now we haven’t seen a newer general release for a longtime.

PegasusOrgans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No to all of it. For some reason, every guide fails to say "Make sure there are no cartridge in the Switch" There was zero mention of it, and the vast majority of hacks/CFW doesn't require this, so it wasn't even on my mind as important. Second it was removed, it was all good. Just got exFAT working so thanks to all for your attempts to help.

Honestly, tho, everyone might know that the Switch can't have a cart in but if you are just starting out, there is no reason to think that you need to worry about that. Other minor, obvious, things get a reminder but this gets zero mention despite it making the whole thing not work. Seems an oversight, but I'm a newb so what do I know.

BTW, Beta works quite well, and is required if you have issues w OFW 8.0+

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
Odd, i thought the early versions of SX OS allowed you into the menu and even allowed you to try and mount an xci then failed with a mount error and advised you to check for a cart inserted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok so just check and it does indeed work like that, bottom right hard corner ^^^^^^ when you try and mount " Please Remove Gamecard" knew i wasnt imagining it.

Last edited by a7mag3ddon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it