Hacking Question Brand New Switch SXOS Questions

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello all,

I have a brand new Nintendo Switch not even removed from box yet.
I have a few questions that i would like help with please.
I will be using it with SXOS dongle + jig.

1/. I understand i should make a Nand back up straight away.
Do i make a nand back up of stock firmware out of the box and also once i upgrade to 5.1 using the no blow fuse method?

2/. Once i open it and turn on what is the easiest way to make sure its on 5.1?
I did read about a programme to protect fuses but cant remember its name.
I also did look on xbins for required firmware files but could only see 6.0 info but with no download available.

3/. I never play online.
Question is when i boot into SXOS and load a game if it says a update for game is available if i update this way will it ban my console?

4/. I am happy to keep OFW on 5.1.
Is it ok for me to install emunand and whilst in emunand update it to 6.0?

Hoping to prevent all chances of getting a ban by the big N.
Thanks in advance.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. You don't have to do it the second time, if you are won't blow the fuses. But you can, it won't do any harm.
2. ChoidujourNX is the homebrew you want to use (you can use my little tutorial if you want, under extras). Also, google how xbins work.
3. It definitely can flag and thus later ban your console.
4. Going online on xecuters "EmuNAND" will get you banned for sure. So, backup your NAND, update to 6.0.0 via choidujour (so you don't burn any fuses. Once any exploits are released for lower FWs, just downgrade to your backup (but you would loose the EmuNAND). But as for now, no game requires 6.0.0

And IIRC, choidujour does not work on SX OS.
Also, to stay as safe as possible, change your region to EU and disable all telemetry.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. You don't have to do it the second time, if you are won't blow the fuses. But you can, it won't do any harm.
2. ChoidujourNX is the homebrew you want to use (you can use my little tutorial if you want, under extras). Also, google how xbins work.
3. It definitely can flag and thus later ban your console.
4. Going online on xecuters "EmuNAND" will get you banned for sure. So, backup your NAND, update to 6.0.0 via choidujour (so you don't burn any fuses. Once any exploits are released for lower FWs, just downgrade to your backup (but you would loose the EmuNAND). But as for now, no game requires 6.0.0

And IIRC, choidujour does not work on SX OS.
Also, to stay as safe as possible, change your region to EU and disable all telemetry.

Thanks mate.
Are you saying if i update to either firmware using ChoidujourNX then i wont be aboe to use SXOS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: