Hacking Brand new Retro 3ds xl system 7.x now what

bluelinehd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i stumbed on all this 3ds cfw a few days back after not touching my ds in a while to find i needed a lower system then i had after some research i went out and bought a nes retro 3ds xl that came with 7.x firmware.

Now my goal is to install some sort of cfw (rxtools? seems to be best) be able to boot into that cfw from a powered off state, run roms (cia?) and also run emulators like snes.

is this doable and can someone point me to a guide i can follow or a series of them please id love to get this going

bluelinehd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey thanks for reply rxtools it is , do you know where i can find a clear concise how to guide to get this done and boot from a powered down state

bluelinehd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see from the how to on rxtools i can set up through the browser easiliy enough, the issue is it says u need to have emunand set up already

bitjacker

GBAtemp Disorderly
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://pastebin.com/WVszD3Tm
i started out from a 7x system also. that guide is for the 2.6 rxtools. i dont know that autoboot is even possible for the O3ds. do exactly what that guide says in order. the only thing i didnt do according to those directions was use python to generate the firmware.bin file. i dont know what a batch script is apparently.

Last edited by bitjacker,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hey thanks for reply rxtools it is , do you know where i can find a clear concise how to guide to get this done and boot from a powered down state
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
Start from the top and work your way down. Skip parts that don't apply to you.
Near the bottom there's a section on installing menuhax and autobooting rxTools which you will need to be updated to 9.0-9.2 to do (there's a section on that as well) but you should set up CFW before messing with that.

Edit: Whoops, posted the wrong guide :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou