Brand new Retro 3ds xl system 7.x now what

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bluelinehd, Nov 25, 2015.

1. bluelinehd
    OP

bluelinehd Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2015
    United States
    Hey guys i stumbed on all this 3ds cfw a few days back after not touching my ds in a while to find i needed a lower system then i had after some research i went out and bought a nes retro 3ds xl that came with 7.x firmware.

Now my goal is to install some sort of cfw (rxtools? seems to be best) be able to boot into that cfw from a powered off state, run roms (cia?) and also run emulators like snes.

is this doable and can someone point me to a guide i can follow or a series of them please id love to get this going

2. bluelinehd
    OP

bluelinehd Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2015
    United States
    hey thanks for reply rxtools it is , do you know where i can find a clear concise how to guide to get this done and boot from a powered down state

3. bluelinehd
    OP

bluelinehd Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2015
    United States
    i see from the how to on rxtools i can set up through the browser easiliy enough, the issue is it says u need to have emunand set up already

4. bitjacker

bitjacker GBAtemp Disorderly

Jan 23, 2014
    United States
    http://pastebin.com/WVszD3Tm
    i started out from a 7x system also. that guide is for the 2.6 rxtools. i dont know that autoboot is even possible for the O3ds. do exactly what that guide says in order. the only thing i didnt do according to those directions was use python to generate the firmware.bin file. i dont know what a batch script is apparently.

Last edited by bitjacker, Nov 25, 2015
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
    Start from the top and work your way down. Skip parts that don't apply to you.
    Near the bottom there's a section on installing menuhax and autobooting rxTools which you will need to be updated to 9.0-9.2 to do (there's a section on that as well) but you should set up CFW before messing with that.

Edit: Whoops, posted the wrong guide :P

6. bitjacker

Jan 23, 2014
    United States
    how did you get up to 9x, kelton2? can you put gba cia's on your emunand? I cannot.

Last edited by bitjacker, Nov 25, 2015
  7. bitjacker

Jan 23, 2014
    United States
    so how would someone SAFELY upgrade to 9x from 4x?

8. bitjacker

Jan 23, 2014
    United States
    so OP would need to first downgrade to 4x to put cfw on, then use sysupdater? or can it be done from 7x?

9. bluelinehd
    OP

bluelinehd Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2015
    United States
    im on 7.1 im gonna attempt this