OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I recently purchased a black DS Lite (from GAME in Australia, opted not to get their store warranty for $20 more or something) and after a few hours it developed a bright green 'stuck' pixel. The pixel wasn't a big deal and I got over it (and even if I wanted to return it on warranty, it sometimes disappears for 20-30 minutes then returns, if I'm unlucky enough they'll find it 'defect free' and send it back..)

But then I tried wifi games. I can join games with others, but in some cases the game becomes laggier (Mario Kart DS and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl in the explorer minigame are two such cases). In most cases this works though. I cannot host games for most games, Mario Kart DS works if I host but everyone gets 1 bar reception and lags, for Bomberman it doesnt work at all for download play.

The final straw came today when I tried to get online for Days of Ruin multiplayer WFC. My DS does not connect to the WFC for ANY GAME. It's not my router since we've got friends over (6 DS Lites) and only mine cannot connect. It has the error code 52100 on every WFC game, either running off my CycloDS or my original game carts. Strangely I can use the DSOrganize browser, however it drops out within 2-3 minutes.

Anyhow, so I'm curious as to what I should do - what's Nintendo's policy on dead pixels and repairs for my wifi problem? I have my original box with all parts and receipt from GAME.

Thanks.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Question: I don't know how it works in Australia, but was GAME's "store warranty" an extended warranty (i.e. longer than 1 year)? All DS's come with a free 1 year Nintendo warranty, so it is my understanding that GAME will honour the 1 year warranty for free, and the $20 would cover an extra year on top of that. (a quick look on their website seems to agree). Might be worth going in and checking that.

In short, try taking it back to GAME for the wifi problem and see what happens.

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree virtually any good store in the world honors the 1 year Nintendo guarantee (unless you meet a picky employee then you will have to keep your foot between the door and insist they give you a new one because it's in the guarantee period).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it