Brand new Game Gear game in 2020?

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
M2 are releasing an Aleste Collection later this year for the Switch and PS4, but rather bizarrely it has a brand new game on it: GG Aleste 3. This didn't exist back in the Game Gear's actual lifetime so they have created it from scratch and used the same specs and limitations that would've been present if it was for the handheld itself. Now, it might seem a bit strange to create a new GG game for a collection on the Switch and PS4 but there is an even weirder reason for it.. there will be a special bundle that includes a white Game Gear Micro with the new game playable on it.

Have Sega and M2 lost their minds or is this actually pretty cool?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it confirmed to be a new game, or are you just guessing?
These days, we are always finding out about previously unannounced and unreleased games, through leaks or discovered betas. There's probably a lot more we don't know about.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it confirmed to be a new game, or are you just guessing?
Information is a little thin at the moment, plus we're dealing with translations from Japanese like this one from the official Sega twitter:
[SEGA Partners Title Stage] The secret ball of the shooting game "Arresta Collection" released on December 24th was the new game "GG Arresta 3" for the first time in 24 years. We have delivered the charm and new information with President M2 Horii!
So yeah, a little hard to decipher exactly what it is but I'm going to assume that M2 have created this as an entirely new game for now.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M2 are releasing an Aleste Collection later this year for the Switch and PS4, but rather bizarrely it has a brand new game on it: GG Aleste 3. This didn't exist back in the Game Gear's actual lifetime so they have created it from scratch and used the same specs and limitations that would've been present if it was for the handheld itself. Now, it might seem a bit strange to create a new GG game for a collection on the Switch and PS4 but there is an even weirder reason for it.. there will be a special bundle that includes a white Game Gear Micro with the new game playable on it.

Have Sega and M2 lost their minds or is this actually pretty cool?

For me it's pretty cool
I'm currently studying to become a game dev, but for some reason I wanted to make a 'special edition' of a game for the 3DS.
Y'know, make a game for PS4, Xbox One Switch, all the modern platforms, but the special edition bundle comes with a 3DS cartridge of the game and possible a special edition 3DS.
... thats too crazy prolly lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.