Brand new DSTT not working.

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by GatorDeb, Jul 29, 2008.

Jul 29, 2008

Brand new DSTT not working. by GatorDeb at 1:19 AM (1,410 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. GatorDeb
    OP

Member GatorDeb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've used an R4, CycloDS Evo, and iTouch without incident. Just got my DSTT and it's not working. It goes to the DS menu and says there's no cart in the slot (and it's the same DS that I use with the Evo). On the cart I have the DSTTMenu dat file and DSTTMenu folder on the root directory.

When looking at the gold leads, I saw two black spots... does that mean it's probably damaged?

Thanks!

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you insert the DSTT into the NDS without a microSD card in it, you should get an icon that says "Menu?" in it. If instead you get to the NDS menu when there is no microSD card in the DSTT, you probably have a bad DSTT.

The firmware should have TTMENU.DAT and a TTMENU folder. You should also have a "games" folder with your .nds files in it.

-Bri

3. mxk1000

Member mxk1000 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Apparently DX had a bad/fake batch. had ordered one 3 weeks ago, mine appears to be good. but some of the comments on DX suggest that the dud ones have connection problems with the sd cards.

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    A certain number of DSTT's have had the contact problem since the beginning. It sounds like they haven't fixed it. It seems to affect maybe 5% to 10% of carts. The only reliable solution is to exchange the cart for a new one.

-Bri