Homebrew Branching out from NDS Emulation

J4cK0fHe4rt5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had my AceKard 2 for almost a year now, and absolutely love the ease of use and possibilities flashcarts bring. There are so many games I never would have even looked twice at on the shelf that I've had a great deal of fun with when you can just try them out first through this method.

Now, I'd quite like to play some GBA games on my DS Lite, but I find the GBA emulation scene a bit more difficult to understand than the basic SLOT-1 AceKard I have at the moment. What could people recommend for me if I want the same way to play ROMs? Just to put the MicroSD in my USB adapter in my PC, copy over the selected ROMs and then insert the MicroSD in the SLOT-2 device in my DS Lite is basically what I want to do.

My main reason for wanting to do this is because I really want to try out Mother 3 after all this hype, so I have a english patched ROM which I have tried out through my GBA emulator on my Mac, but I'd like to play it on DS. Also, I would like to play Earthbound, so can anyone help me with playing SNES ROMs on a DS Lite, through an AceKard 2, if that is possible.

Thanks for helping me out in advance,

J4cK 0f He4rt5

J4cK0fHe4rt5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I've got Earthbound running through SNEmulDS, but I can't save in-game, only save states through SNEmulDS. How can I fix this?

And can you give me more info about the EZ-Flash 3-in-1? I've heard it might be quite hard to set-up when you first get it. Is it MicroSDHC compatible?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Go into the options in SNEmulDS and enable auto-SRAM saving.

The 3-in-1 isn't compatible with any kind of storage device at all; you store the ROMs on your SLOT-1 card (Acekard 2 in your case) and when you want to play a game, you copy it to the 3-in-1 and it runs. A 3-in-1 by itself does nothing, its purpose is to complement a SLOT-1 card. If you're using AKAIO on your Acekard, it's as easy as highlighting a GBA game in the menu and hitting A, AKAIO handles the rest. You should, however, enable "Backup GBA save at startup", which I believe is disabled by default.

J4cK0fHe4rt5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, thanks that really helped. I'm running the latest AKAIO (May 4th, I believe), so I'll just grab one of those EZ-FLash 3-in-1's from dealextreme.

Thanks for the help with the SRAM saving too.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Should be, as long as it's the right colour and physical size for your uses. Because it's DS Lite dust cover shaped, it can't be used in an original DS, a GBA, or Game Boy Player, etc (not easily, anyway). If you only intend to use it for a DS Lite though, that's fine. If you have a white DS Lite, the 3-in-1 is also available in white if you'd prefer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr