Brakken wants to shut Homebrew Bounty down as "revenge"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ, stop sensationalizing things. The only thing he mentions about GBAtemp is that a member from here possibly complained about his similar idea. The idiots in the comments then further agitated the situation and now he's acting like a tool. Maybe a screaming 5 year old child is a better way to put it. He's just pissed that Paypal shut him down and now he's blaming GBAtemp as a whole because of one asshole member. He even went as far to contact Paypal himself.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shabadage said:
Jesus Christ, stop sensationalizing things. The only thing he mentions about GBAtemp is that a member from here possibly complained about his similar idea.

Agreed.

I see no controversy in that article. All he mentions is a member from GBAtemp possibly reported him to Paypal. He never mentions shutting down out Homebrew Bounty at any point.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Old news/fanning the flames of war/God Damn Internet Drama. Take your pick.

I read the comments and this is more of an issue he would have with Paypal than something to do with us. People simply cannot understand that one person does NOT represent the whole here. This is how shit starts, durr. And this post does nothing at all to help anyone here, because it's going to get people thinking that your statement is true and then we're at odds with Brakken over a minor incident.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What fucking revenge?
blink.gif

The op should apply for a job at The Sun
wacko.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
There's no word of shutting down the homebrew bounty on his site (there's other stuff he mentioned)
Also, posting stuff like this won't help anybody, it just gets fatser the attention of paypal and other things to this site and the bounty.

Also the title of this post is not correct.

In the end he only accuses a gbatemp.net member who has an own site who in his eyes shut his paypal down.
he just call gbatemp.net dirty pirates
tongue.gif
, the rest he leaves in the middle, it could be or it couldn't be.

QUOTE said:
Posted by brakken rating: no votes 08-17-2008 . 08:46 pm / Reply #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBNobody
So, do you think that this was an organized attempt from GBATemp to screw with you, or do you think this was just some individual you pissed off with your last blog post?

I'm not sure. The ops from GBATEMP wouldn't ever take responsibility for telling this user to do this as they are lying dirty pirates. However, I think it was just the person pissed at my Blog post who had knowledge about paypal. In the end I'm not sure how it went down, but it hurt the competition and he's a GBATEMP user and didn't like my post.

My opinion, maikel, you should have posted it more correctly (or just ignored it and not posting it) , like:

Brakken, accuses gbatemp.net memmber for shutting down his homebrew bounty (or something like that)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sinkhead said:
Actually, read the comments. He has reported our bounty as revenge (not just through the web form, but by phone as well).
And that's not all. The title of the post is "GBATemp has my Wii Donation Fund Shut Down"! I don't see how my topic title is incorrect.

Also, his posts:
QUOTEIf anyone is upset about this they should contact Paypal about GBATEMP's Homebrew Bounty.

[email protected]

Their paypal email is "[email protected]"
Still, I do understand your points, and I shouldn't have posted this. A moderator can delete this topic.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sinkhead said:
Actually, read the comments. He has reported our bounty as revenge (not just through the web form, but by phone as well).

WOW.

I didn't read all of the comments but I see it now. That's just vindictive. He needs to get a life.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sinkhead said:

Yes, I covered the screaming 5 year old bit. Dude hates GBAtemp. Paypal seems to be ignoring him though. If you read his previous post on the mainpage he goes off on GBAtemp. Personally it made me laugh. The title of the post was just oversensationalized.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
i have read the comments:

QUOTE said:
Nice attempt. Thanks! I got the same round of excuses. I've reported GBATEMP for their contest, but my reports have been ignored. I also spoke with someone on the phone and they told me that if the rule applies to my contest that it should apply to theirs and that they will look into it.

But he doesn't say/post he wants to shut it down, he just tries to recover what's lost (in a bad way) :/

And like i said, The more attention it gets the worser.

(It's like: stirring in a bowl you don't know the outcome.) (that often leads to bad situations)

Shabadage said:
... Personally it made me laugh. The title of the post was just oversensationalized.

Completly agree on that!

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjoeN said:
i have read the comments:

QUOTE said:
Nice attempt. Thanks! I got the same round of excuses. I've reported GBATEMP for their contest, but my reports have been ignored. I also spoke with someone on the phone and they told me that if the rule applies to my contest that it should apply to theirs and that they will look into it.

But he doesn't say/post he wants to shut it down, he just tries to recover what's lost (in a bad way) :/

And like i said, The more attention it gets the worser.

(It's like: stirring in a bowl you don't know the outcome.) (that often leads to bad situations)

Yes, let's just ignore this fuming person. Giving him more attention will only worsen things. Course, I say this after putting in my own 2 cents on his blog, but meh.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Again, I apologize for creating this topic. It was not a smart thing to do, and I should have given it more thought. This topic should be deleted, as it will only worsen things.

Sorry.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn, that's gotta suck for him! Poor guy was trying to help out other members and coders. That one member from here, hunt em down!
I doubt he will try and shut us down, he couldn't since paypal doesn't listen to him.
frown.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
As I posted in the other thread:

Because one person who made a thread asking for something = GBAtemp.

GBAtemp is one person. Every account is all ran by one guy. Jeremy controls us all.

The Costello is a lie.

Just read some of those blog comments. His "fans" are retarded, accusing people of being children because they have moral ethics. He may as well delete all the text on the page and replace it with "BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW GBATEMP GOT MY PAYPAL REPORTED BAWWWWWWWWWWWW MOMMY HALP ME!"

God damn, he should just an hero.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
What he said on IRC...
QUOTE said:
a member of your site who didn't like my post about how you promote warez got my paypal donation shut down
so, I'm working on getting yours shut down
since what you are doing is considering a violation of their AUP
Besides, there's something he should know. I AM the one guy in charge of the bounty, I'm the person brakken should talk to if he has something to say. I can be found on EFNET (IRC) my nick is Costello.
We've never planned anything, that's just beyond ridiculous. The purpose of our bounty is to team up with other websites in order to create a common, global effort to reward developpers. I had never heard of "TheSkeen" until now - and even if I had, I'd probably have asked them to JOIN our bounty, and nothing else!
Besides, he pretends he's obtained the IP address of this member on our boards somehow, but that is just impossible (unless you're an admin).

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heh, said it before - I consider the time I invest in reading and contributing to a forum to be of some value, if I wanted that time to be utterly wasted I'd contribute on a site that seems to need yearly fund drives just to stay on line and goes down randomly for weeks at a time due to foreseen unforeseen issues.

On a more positive note...

No worries GBAtemp, I still like y'all, even (some of) the newbs.

You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln {adaptation}

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you guys those two sites, GBATemp, and tehSkeen(or w/e) should join forces and kill Paypal! Okay, maybe more serious:

They could help run the Wii Homebrew Bounty, or let their developers join here too, we should have one too, but also there's not enough developers and we'd get stuff like, Bounty Bars again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs