Brakken wants to shut Homebrew Bounty down as "revenge"

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Maikel Steneker, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maikel Steneker
    OP

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands

2. Shabadage

Member Shabadage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Jesus Christ, stop sensationalizing things. The only thing he mentions about GBAtemp is that a member from here possibly complained about his similar idea. The idiots in the comments then further agitated the situation and now he's acting like a tool. Maybe a screaming 5 year old child is a better way to put it. He's just pissed that Paypal shut him down and now he's blaming GBAtemp as a whole because of one asshole member. He even went as far to contact Paypal himself.

3. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    Agreed.

I see no controversy in that article. All he mentions is a member from GBAtemp possibly reported him to Paypal. He never mentions shutting down out Homebrew Bounty at any point.

4. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Old news/fanning the flames of war/God Damn Internet Drama. Take your pick.

I read the comments and this is more of an issue he would have with Paypal than something to do with us. People simply cannot understand that one person does NOT represent the whole here. This is how shit starts, durr. And this post does nothing at all to help anyone here, because it's going to get people thinking that your statement is true and then we're at odds with Brakken over a minor incident.

5. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    What fucking revenge? [​IMG]
    The op should apply for a job at The Sun [​IMG]

6. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    There's no word of shutting down the homebrew bounty on his site (there's other stuff he mentioned)
    Also, posting stuff like this won't help anybody, it just gets fatser the attention of paypal and other things to this site and the bounty.

Also the title of this post is not correct.

In the end he only accuses a gbatemp.net member who has an own site who in his eyes shut his paypal down.
    he just call gbatemp.net dirty pirates [​IMG], the rest he leaves in the middle, it could be or it couldn't be.

My opinion, maikel, you should have posted it more correctly (or just ignored it and not posting it) , like:

Brakken, accuses gbatemp.net memmber for shutting down his homebrew bounty (or something like that)

7. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Actually, read the comments. He has reported our bounty as revenge (not just through the web form, but by phone as well).

8. Maikel Steneker
    OP

Netherlands
    Still, I do understand your points, and I shouldn't have posted this. A moderator can delete this topic.

9. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    WOW.

I didn't read all of the comments but I see it now. That's just vindictive. He needs to get a life.

10. Shabadage

United States
    Yes, I covered the screaming 5 year old bit. Dude hates GBAtemp. Paypal seems to be ignoring him though. If you read his previous post on the mainpage he goes off on GBAtemp. Personally it made me laugh. The title of the post was just oversensationalized.

11. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    i have read the comments:

But he doesn't say/post he wants to shut it down, he just tries to recover what's lost (in a bad way) :/

And like i said, The more attention it gets the worser.

(It's like: stirring in a bowl you don't know the outcome.) (that often leads to bad situations)

Completly agree on that!

12. Shabadage

United States
    Yes, let's just ignore this fuming person. Giving him more attention will only worsen things. Course, I say this after putting in my own 2 cents on his blog, but meh.

13. Maikel Steneker
    OP

Netherlands
    Again, I apologize for creating this topic. It was not a smart thing to do, and I should have given it more thought. This topic should be deleted, as it will only worsen things.

Sorry.

14. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    and this is why we cant have nice things.

i will never get why people do these kind of things.

15. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Damn, that's gotta suck for him! Poor guy was trying to help out other members and coders. That one member from here, hunt em down!
    I doubt he will try and shut us down, he couldn't since paypal doesn't listen to him. [​IMG]

16. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    As I posted in the other thread:

Because one person who made a thread asking for something = GBAtemp.

GBAtemp is one person. Every account is all ran by one guy. Jeremy controls us all.

The Costello is a lie.

Just read some of those blog comments. His "fans" are retarded, accusing people of being children because they have moral ethics. He may as well delete all the text on the page and replace it with "BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW GBATEMP GOT MY PAYPAL REPORTED BAWWWWWWWWWWWW MOMMY HALP ME!"

God damn, he should just an hero.

17. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

What he said on IRC...
    Besides, there's something he should know. I AM the one guy in charge of the bounty, I'm the person brakken should talk to if he has something to say. I can be found on EFNET (IRC) my nick is Costello.
    We've never planned anything, that's just beyond ridiculous. The purpose of our bounty is to team up with other websites in order to create a common, global effort to reward developpers. I had never heard of "TheSkeen" until now - and even if I had, I'd probably have asked them to JOIN our bounty, and nothing else!
    Besides, he pretends he's obtained the IP address of this member on our boards somehow, but that is just impossible (unless you're an admin).

18. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Heh, said it before - I consider the time I invest in reading and contributing to a forum to be of some value, if I wanted that time to be utterly wasted I'd contribute on a site that seems to need yearly fund drives just to stay on line and goes down randomly for weeks at a time due to foreseen unforeseen issues.

On a more positive note...

No worries GBAtemp, I still like y'all, even (some of) the newbs.

You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time.
    Abraham Lincoln {adaptation}

19. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Maybe you guys those two sites, GBATemp, and tehSkeen(or w/e) should join forces and kill Paypal! Okay, maybe more serious:

They could help run the Wii Homebrew Bounty, or let their developers join here too, we should have one too, but also there's not enough developers and we'd get stuff like, Bounty Bars again.

20. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    He needs to realize that paypal is a company of assholes, they don't need a reason to screw you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.