Hacking Boycott Gameyeeeah.com?

zesta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a defective R4DS from gameyeeeah.com. Even though they have an office in the US, they forced me to return it to their China office. They told me they would ship the replacement from their US office the same day they received the return. It has now been 1 week since they received it. They will not respond to multiple emails. The last email response I got from them was on 2/6. They responded to a forum post on 2/12, but no contact at all since then.

So, I have now spend $56, and have nothing.

GBATemp predominently reccomends Gameyeeeah.com, and I think it is time to rethink that. Refusing to respond to customer's emails, especially on a defective product, is inexcusable.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think the Chinese New Year celebrations are still in progress (they last 2 weeks), and the entire staff is on collective holidays. Can't blame them for it.

Bamboogaming, for example, had a giant disclaimer on their site, saying "we're not working due to New Year's, you can place your order, but we won't ship before February 23rd".

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the Chinese New Year celebrations are still in progress (they last 2 weeks), and the entire staff is on collective holidays. Can't blame them for it.

Bamboogaming, for example, had a giant disclaimer on their site, saying "we're not working due to New Year's, you can place your order, but we won't ship before February 23rd".
Yep. Chinese new year. Can't blame them.

The GameYeeeah staff are on a short break... I'm sure they'll sort out your problems when they get back

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chinese new year. I returned a faulty supercard to bamboogaming in australia. They ship from their branch in hong kong. Got an email from them saying it wouldn't be shipped until the 23rd because of the chinese new year. The chinese new year must be a great celibration as it lasts 5 days.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Feb 22 2007, 09:32 PM)]LOL, Year of the Pig.

More specifically, Year of the golden pig
happy.gif

In the Chinese horoscope, years cycle through five elements (fire, metal, wood, fire and earth), and twelve zodiac signs, making 60 year cycles (the previous year of the metal pig was 60 years ago).

The metal element itself cycles through several metals (can't remember how many or which). When combined with the other cycles, they create a (roughly) five hundred years long cycle, meaning, the previous Year of the golden pig was 1507., 500 years ago.

QUOTEThe chinese new year must be a great celibration as it lasts 5 days.
Two weeks, in fact
happy.gif

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree with the boycot... I have ordered 2 and here is the results..

1st form china, shandard shipping... 3+ weeks. 1st gen unit, 2nd gen goodies. packed in padded envelope.

2nd from us location (claimed 2-3 day priority shipping.) order on the 12th shipped on 13th didnt arrive till 20th. same cost as above. 2nd gen unit all around.. and it has a weak socket. it click and then doesn't. .kinda have to baby it. shipped in a usps box with a 3 inch square piece of bubble wrap tossed into the box.

they need to step up their quality control to insure high quality items. dont have 12 year olds solder them at a rate of 100 an hour.

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Relax. It is the Lunar New Year and there's nothing anyone can do about it if this is their one period of time that they have vacation. Think about it, would you want calls from the office or left over work during your very much anticipated and long awaited vacation? Give 'em a break.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.