• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Boy Scouts will now allow girls to join.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boy Scouts shouldn't have to do this. They are a PRIVATE ORGANIZATION, NOT A GOVERNMENT ONE! Its is called Boy Scouts. Whether or not such groups are to allow the inclusion of atheist, agnostic(which I am personally) or non-heterosexual kids is up to their administration/higher-ups, not the federal government! Girl Scouts and other lesser organizations did it without major government pressure on them.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boy Scouts shouldn't have to do this. They are a PRIVATE ORGANIZATION, NOT A GOVERNMENT ONE! Its is called Boy Scouts. Whether or not such groups are to allow the inclusion of atheist, agnostic(which I am personally) or non-heterosexual kids is up to their administration/higher-ups, not the federal government! Girl Scouts and other lesser organizations did it without major government pressure on them.
........ You do realize it's the choice of the private organization to include girls, right?

Reactions: HamBone41801

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what was so wrong with the Girl Scouts program to where BSA caved in to allow for such a change? That's what I want to know. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
They're two different programs, there's no reason not to include other genders in the two programs. In boy scouts specifically, you learn a lot of survival-related skills, whereas girl scouts, from what I understand, is more focused towards salesmanship and organization

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the programs and activities are substantially different. I've never been a scout. But people who know more about the scouts have claimed that the girl scouts offer more in the way of artistic and communal activities and are substantially lighter in terms of STEM fields. The boy scouts apparently offers more STEM activities.

Though I don't know if this is the primary reason girls want to join boy scouts. Possibly the activities have SOME factor in it, or maybe they just want to hang out with boys more than girls.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the programs and activities are substantially different. I've never been a scout. But people who know more about the scouts have claimed that the girl scouts offer more in the way of artistic and communal activities and are substantially lighter in terms of STEM fields. The boy scouts apparently offers more STEM activities.

Though I don't know if this is the primary reason girls want to join boy scouts. Possibly the activities have SOME factor in it, or maybe they just want to hang out with boys more than girls.
Agreed on the STEM part as well, although it was up-and-coming when I was a member so I can't say much as to what it is now

As for the second, I'd say it's a pretty valid reason for joining, too. Socialization is a huge part of growing up, and joining Scouts for the social experience is really half of what it has to offer anyway, for either organization

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except it was broke... reread the article, dude.
No it wasn't broken. You clearly are coming off as a fucking radical progressive. The BSA were fine as-is. The Girl Scouts eventually allowed Lesbian females and then also transsexual girls without being picked on by many Democrats and Ruth Ginsberg(the latter of whom I have no love for).

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean, cool I guess. I always thought the boy scouts were way cooler than the girl scouts as a kid. I might have even joined the boy scouts if this was a thing back then. Scouts BSA sounds kinda lame for a name though. I feel like both the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts should merge though, they're two different organizations, but I feel like now they're going to be scuffling with each other for members. Maybe that's what they need to make both relevant in today's age, though?

This is Stupid. Just another example of how cancerous society is right now because of a few weak pieces of shit..
What? Care to explain what you mean without the frothing rage?

Girl Scouts do already exist, but both are entirely different. Girl Scout stuff is way more artistic, Boy Scouts are far more science-y and outdoorsy. If Girl Scouts start allowing boys, then it'd be awesome. Letting kids choose which one they want to focus on is totally beneficial for both clubs' memberships in the end.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people are fucking stupid, why not just change the girl scout program? oh because cookies make too much money?... And kids nowadays are fucking stupid too, especially boys. We're gonna hear stories about how these girls got raped by these boys because theyre like a pack of fucking wolves. But they'll just call it 'assault' or some shit because RAPE is too powerful a word for these millennial cucks.

Reactions: Pacheko17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park...