Bowser's Inside Story still not fixed on the RPG?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by dib, Sep 27, 2009.

Sep 27, 2009
  1. dib
    OP

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The addresses that purportedly fix it on AK2 don't seem to work.

2. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Get the new firmware for Acekard R.P.G. here. That game is fixed and no freezes nor black screens.

3. dib
    OP

United States
    I could do that...but then every other game would suck. His firmware doesn't have nearly the functionality of AIO. It would be a little like suggesting I fix a problem with Windows XP by switching to OS/2.

Would be much nicer if AIO adopted fixes for games under the RPG too.

4. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    I do but AKRPG isnt exactly my favourite flashcart, nor do i really like working with it. So it gets the backburner and only gets updated occasionaly.

5. dib
    OP

United States
    Why?

Obviously the AK2 is more prominent being cheap and mass produced, but from a developer's perspective that is irrelevant. And it's not like you guys receive money from the hardware sales, although it's certainly arguable that you should be because Acekard sure as hell isn't doing a very good job attracting sales and supporting the products.

I hope it's not taken for granted that it's the RPG that was open source, afterall. The AK2 being even included in third party firmware is something of a...fortunate happenstance?

But don't get me wrong, it is Acekard that should be doing this work including bug fixes. And I have tried beating down their door before. I'm sure you can appreciate what that accomplishes--it's my understanding they've been every bit as cooperative and helpful with you guys on the development side in producing AIO as those of us on the consumer side.

Is it true gelu is gone now? What I would like to see in a perfect world is that WoodRPG author working on RPG support for AIO instead of producing an entirely seperate distro. Would you guys be willing to accept his help if those of us owning RPGs fielded some sort of request along this line? It seems logical to me--why waste the time trying to match a preexisting and superior project when he could better spend that time concentrating on compatibility improvements toward a single firmware so we don't have to choose?