Bowser's Inside Story on EZ 4?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by raziel_45, Sep 29, 2009.

Sep 29, 2009
  1. raziel_45
    OP

Newcomer raziel_45 Member

United States
    Been looking through most of the threads everywhere else, it's all about the R4, M3 or the SC. No love for the EZ4. So I get that it's working on the Vi, but is there any news on a fix that'll work on the EZ4?

2. grindbart

Member grindbart GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    EZ4 ist nearly dead,buy a new card........

3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Using Passme to run new DS games on a slot2 is not going to work when the save file size exceedes the capacities of the slot2. It is close to the point where you HAVE TO use a slot1 to play those DS games that require things like 8Mb save files etc, something Passme will not handle.

No, you can't break the laws of physics by putting a 8Mb save in a 4Mb save space. There will not be a fix for those.

4. raziel_45
    OP

United States
    Guess you don't know much about the Ez4 D:

It has an 8MB Save capacity. Not 4MB. I can run alot of the most recent games, such as Chinatown Wars, KH and Scribblenauts, with no problems at all. The fix for the EZ4 is directed towards the anti-piracy, NOT the save capacity.

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    It is Megabit noob, 8 Megabit is 1 MB (MEGABYTE).

The specs for the EZ4 are here: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?title=EZFlash_4

The EZ4 has 8 megabit (1 megabyte, MB) for save space.

The above example is of the 8 and 4 is to explain to you that the EZ4 has a hardware limitation, not it's actual capacity. Nintendo did it in 2 ways, one by size and the other anti-piracy.

The size method is due to either backup data, multi save data or shear amount of memory for things like inventories like in rpg games. Pokemon HS/SS is one such example, Dragon Quest is another. The saves for those types of games excede 1MB in size.

6. raziel_45
    OP

United States
    So you weren't bringing up anything against M&L3? They use 512 save files, just like most recent games. I've yet to encounter a game besides this one that can't run. When the time comes and I do need a new card, I'll get one, but HG/SS also uses 512 KB saves, and runs just fine.

I was wrong about the 8MB thing, I feel like a tard D: