Hacking Bowser's Inside Story - freezes in AKAIO 1.5.1

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated to 1.5.1 yesterday.. and since then, the game has frozen twice.. while before I was able to play flawlessly.

Help?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
try holding x when you load the game and use the original dma mode. this mode does the exact same dma patches as the "green" mode but with different saving. it *might* fix your problem. also turn off download play as this will improve the speed of the rom.

with that said the release of 1.5.1 doesn't mean something wasn't broken. this could be a legit problem but it would be nice if you debugged it a bit first before assuming its a 1.5.1 issue.

-another world

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
try holding x when you load the game and use the original dma mode. this mode does the exact same dma patches as the "green" mode but with different saving. it *might* fix your problem. also turn off download play as this will improve the speed of the rom.

with that said the release of 1.5.1 doesn't mean something wasn't broken. this could be a legit problem but it would be nice if you debugged it a bit first before assuming its a 1.5.1 issue.

-another world
My thought was it was related to the update because I had no problems in 20 hours of play previously.. and then 3 (now) freezes in short order after applying it. The update appears to be the most likely source of the problem.

When I try the suggested steps, the "loading" text appears in red - is this what is supposed to happen? I'll see how it goes..

I have not debugged this on my own because I have honestly no clue how to do so.. just got the card a month ago, and everything so far has Just Worked.

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Froze again today.. help!

BTW: Where can I download the old release and loaders? Maybe that's the only solution..

grindbart

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
backup your stuff,format your card,make 1.5.1 clear install and put the games back,sometimes this is helping a lot.......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr