Hacking bounty website to pay for ports to switch

frostieff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Curious if anyone knows any bounty websites where i can view or even ask for ports for the switch

I wanted to play time crisis or dino crisis using gyro on Switch (LOL i know im asking for too much)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are very few such sites, and most of those will be looking more at homebrew feats/reverse engineering feats (fully reverse engineer the networking, graphics, sound... and same again when writing libraries to handle them) where ports of closed source games can be more legally dubious which in turn makes them shy (facilitating what could be piracy at that point is not a great look).

You also have the cost thing to consider. Some might do it for beer money but even the "press compile and go" in reality still represents quite a few hours of work to get right and quite a few hours of coding contractor time is still up there with buying yourself a fancy handheld portable PS1 setup and using that instead.

"time crisis or dino crisis"
That is a bit of a mix, assuming you do not mean that random dino crisis skinned lightgun a like game (say dino crisis to most people and they will assume you mean 1, possibly 2 and headbutt you for reminding them of 3) Dino Stalker on the PS2.

Equally as far as I am aware there are no source code releases, leaks or decompilations for Dino Crisis, it was different enough to resident evil that I don't think we have seen engine ports worth speaking of and I have never seen a rerelease like we have for the GTA stuff to get easy looks at the code. Indeed I am not aware of any completed PS1 decompilation or disassembly projects at this point like we have for the N64 and earlier devices.

That said might not be the hardest thing to map gryo controls to a PS1 emulator (don't think dreamcast emulation or PC emulation is good enough for the Switch, though I could be surprised for the former). If you had to do additional hacks to get the thing working nicely (gryo plus tank controls, especially around those laser beams,... not what I would pick to have a good time. Gryo plus lightgun is a different matter).
You might be able to effect a similar concept if you attached the joycons to your PC and used one of those network control your switch setups.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: