Gaming Bought Zelda for $35, did I get scammed?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

All these new sellers charging low prices are making millions by ripping off customers. Do not be one of them!

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: as it turns out I have a CanadaPost tracking number... I don't believe i had one before. LM361508642CN

So far it says it's going to a different city in a different province, but that might be an error.

I simply don't know...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Update: as it turns out I have a CanadaPost tracking number... I don't believe i had one before. LM361508642CN

So far it says it's going to a different city in a different province, but that might be an error.

I simply don't know...
For all we know it might just be a potato. It's odd that it's going to a different city and province.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I simply don't know...
It could be because it's a tracking number that has absolutley nothing to do with your parcel, probably just some other legit tracking number to make it look like you're going to get something, drag the time out before you realise you've been scammed and make a claim.
Or it could not be lol, I'm paranoid about stuff like this, I only buy from legitimate sources. If it looks and feels dodgy, it normally is.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That would be a final red flag for me.
They are not even sending the potato to you, but to some other random person?

It is easy to just get a tracking number for a random parcel and send this fake to you.
If I got that kind of thing I would send an email or message to the seller saying "the tracking number you sent me is for the wrong parcel, please rectify this and send me the appropriate tracking number in the following 24h or I would fill a claim", after what I would fill a claim and end the scam.
IMHO.

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I chatted with Amazon two days ago,and they sent an email to the sender, and I got the third email

Initial Question: I think I might have been scammed? I purchased a copy of BOTW for $40 including shipping, but on closer look it seems that the seller is pretty suspicious.
04:13 PM PDT Darla Esli(Amazon): Hello, my name is Esli. I'm here to help you today.
Thank you for being a Prime member, Graham.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Be assured I will certainly look in to that for you.
04:14 PM PDT Darla Esli: And, thank you for notifying us about the seller, we really appreciate it.
Could you please help me with the order number?
I'll help you.
04:14 PM PDT Graham Fluet: <redacted>
i think
04:14 PM PDT Darla Esli: Thank you for the order number.
04:15 PM PDT Graham Fluet: yeah that should be the order number, I just had to double check
04:15 PM PDT Darla Esli: Yes, it is the order number.
Let me check with the seller.
04:21 PM PDT Darla Esli: Thank you for your patience, Graham.
04:21 PM PDT Graham Fluet: no problem, I have this window on my second monitor
04:22 PM PDT Darla Esli: Oh, I see. Thanks.
04:23 PM PDT Darla Esli: Graham, I'll have to contact the seller to cancel the order and issue a refund for it.
If the seller isn't replying in two business days.
We'll file an A to Z guarantee claim for a full refund to your account.
04:24 PM PDT Graham Fluet: Thanks. I wasn't really sure what was going on. I do sort of want to believe it is legitament, but it just seems a little too suspicous.
04:32 PM PDT Darla Esli: No worries, Graham. We've got you covered :)
04:32 PM PDT Graham Fluet: thanks. Do you have any other questions for me or anything?
04:33 PM PDT Darla Esli: No, Graham :)
Is there anything else I can assist you with?

04:33 PM PDT Graham Fluet: no that's everything, so i guess I'll wait to see if you hear back from the seller?
04:34 PM PDT Darla Esli: Yes, Graham. Please do contact us, if you don't hear anything from the seller.
04:34 PM PDT Graham Fluet: thank you
04:34 PM PDT Darla Esli: You're welcome.
Have a nice day
Here is a copy of the e-mail that you sent to WILLIAM CALDWELL.

Veuillez trouver ci-dessous une copie du message que vous avez envoyé à WILLIAM CALDWELL.

Order ID/Commande N°: 702-5585197-6804256:

1 of/sur The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Switch Edition [ASIN: B01N33O68B]

-------------- Begin message / Début du message -------------

Cette communication est en anglais en raison d'une restriction du système.

Hello,

We've been contacted by a customer regarding the order identified below.

--------------------

Order#: <redacted>

Item: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Switch Edition

Reason: Cancel order / Annuler une commande

Details: The order has not yet shipped and the customer has asked to cancel the order. Please contact the customer. Note: The customer's preferred language for communication is English.
Dear Graham F,

Your e-mail(s) to ([email protected]) cannot be delivered because there was a problem with the recipient's email system. The recipient can still view the message in their message centre on Amazon.ca, but they will not receive it by e-mail. We apologise for the inconvenience.

I'll talk to Amazon again tonight.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good God how long are your shipping times usually, in the UK you are looking at 3 days unless it's import.

UK is a dinky tiny country, smaller than a state or province, of course shipping times are shorter. Canada and America are ginormous compared to the UK, shit takes time to get to most places, more so if you take a cheap shipping option.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
UK is a dinky tiny country, smaller than a state or province, of course shipping times are shorter. Canada and America are ginormous compared to the UK, shit takes time to get to most places, more so if you take a cheap shipping option.
Err I can ship an item to the u.s.a, standard delivery in 5-7 days, from the u.k.
Europe in 3-5....

Reactions: Quantumcat

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah don't worry about it. Amazon has the best support ever. They'd "refund" you even if you never paid to begin with.

Unia4L

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a 50/50 chance, anyway if he does scam you just speak to live chat and you'll get a refund, I don't buy cheap stuff on amazon because if you say you haven't got your stuff to much then you'll get blacklisted. Well I think if you show proof you get unblacklisted

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had parcels delivered next day from Germany and Italy to the UK and had London to London take over a week longer than parcels from the US and Australia. China seems to take anything from a couple of days to two weeks depending on the service used.

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: Bought Zelda Switch on eBay for $55CAD with free shipping - still saved $25 over new. Bought it yesterday, it arrived today, and playing it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb