Hacking Bought used 2DS "cracked" - How to confirm/update?

butterflyyx3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey! I'm new to this and bought myself a 2DS "used" from someone off ebay. They mentioned it's "cracked" and I have no clue if it really is. Someone can tell me how to confirm that?^^ Also how can I find out if i need to update it or the crack and how? Thanks in advance i'm kinda lost :c

butterflyyx3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
boot while holding select. Tell us what luma version shows up.

Hey. A black screen comes up saying "Luma3DS v7.1 configuration. Press A to select, START to save. And then a bunch of options. The only ticked option is "Show NAND or user string in System Settings.

butterflyyx3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I just download the latest zip file from that github and put the .firm file on the sd card? And then do all from the guide you linked?^^

butterflyyx3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@butterflyyx3 you need to update B9S first

Kinda late, now i'm updating the system already according to the guide. I hope this will work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when I do section III Pressing L + down + select nothing happens for me. nothing opens up. :c

updating b9s also won't work because i can't boot into Luma3DS Chainloader by holding Start while boot :(

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Kinda late, now i'm updating the system already according to the guide. I hope this will work.

when I do section III Pressing L + down + select nothing happens for me. nothing opens up. :c

updating b9s also won't work because i can't boot into Luma3DS Chainloader by holding Start while boot :(
it's select + power

butterflyyx3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
upload_2018-9-23_16-24-17.png

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's select + power
I don't know what convinced you of that (since it's not the first time you say that's the combination for the chainloader), but it's Start+Power. Select brings up the config menu

Downgrade back to 7.1, then follow the guide I linked

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I don't know what convinced you of that (since it's not the first time you say that's the combination for the chainloader), but it's Start+Power. Select brings up the config menu

Downgrade back to 7.1, then follow the guide I linked
I am no longer active on the 3DS, so the start and select are constantly mixing in my mind. Is that good enough explanation for you?

butterflyyx3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
lol. The only thing you did, was putting homebrew launcher (which is the boot.3dsx) on sd card in order to inject it to the download app. What is going on...

Okay idk why but now my SD Card is corrupted and it tells me to format it. If I format it now, everything gets deleted. I cannot read the card meaning i cannot backup anything. Is it okay to format it and recopy everything or is the Custom Firmware lost forever then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water