Hacking Bought used 2DS "cracked" - How to confirm/update?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
CFW is on NAND, not on SD. You can format your SD, redo the finalizing setup and put the boor.3dsx on root and try again to inject the homebrew launcher to the download play app.

butterflyyx3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
CFW is on NAND, not on SD. You can format your SD, redo the finalizing setup and put the boor.3dsx on root and try again to inject the homebrew launcher to the download play app.

upload_2018-9-23_17-26-17.png

This is how my SD Card looks now but everytime i get the error that my 2ds cant read the sd card sigh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without the SD Card the 2ds starts normally without any errors.
Excellent! That's the biggest concern when updating custom firmware. Does my 3DS/2DS still boots?

Okay, do you have anything important you want to back-up like games or saves on that SD card? Depending what you answer will determine what steps you'll be instructed to follow.

butterflyyx3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Excellent! That's the biggest concern when updating custom firmware. Does my 3DS/2DS still boots?

Okay, do you have anything important you want to back-up like games or saves on that SD card? Depending what you answer will determine what steps you'll be instructed to follow.
everything is deleted already i formatted the card, so not really. :D

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything is deleted already i formatted the card, so not really. :D

1. Reformat the SD card in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. If your card is bigger than 32 GB, use guiformat.
    • SD card read-only lock switch should be in this position:
    • ab4b2a7cb64ec435a4597769cd3d5c72e4bccfd1.jpg
  2. While the card is empty, check for hardware defects using H2testw in a Full Write + Verify Test.
  3. If it passes that test, delete the *.h2w test files. Go to my cheat guide post here to create a starter CFW setup.
  4. Even though you updated your custom firmware, go through with it again to make sure it's set up right.
5. Luma3DS configuration should be this:
luma_config.png

6.By now, you should be able to boot into HOME Menu. To use Rosalina HBL injection:

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay idk why but now my SD Card is corrupted and it tells me to format it. If I format it now, everything gets deleted. I cannot read the card meaning i cannot backup anything. Is it okay to format it and recopy everything or is the Custom Firmware lost forever then?
Yes you can simply format and put all the files back, although on Windows you should use guiformat instead of the normal format dialog. You will lose all installed games and saves tho.
Also note that the B9S (basically what the actual softmod itself is) is installed to the internal memory, not to the SD, so even if you format or lose your SD card you don't lose CFW

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay sorry. Is there anyway to transfer the files without the need of putting the sd card into the computer but instead wirelessly?

First, read my last post really carefully. Like on the dot careful. :|

As for directly downloading and installing games directly onto your 2DS, sadly those days are long gone after the death of freeShop and its CDN kins. :(

If you later acquire and own games in *.cia format on your computer, you can WiFi install them onto the 2DS with FBI and Boop.

Personally, it's usually faster to transfer files onto a SD card through the computer's memory slot reader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs