Hacking Question Bought unpatched Switch, best way to setup EmuMMC/CFW without getting banned?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to use CFW to update your sysnand, might as well just boot atmosphere, go online and run the official update. If you have auto-RCM installed, Atmos will block writes to boot and retain it, so no danger of fuses burning. I imagine there's some risk going online with CFW but there also has to be with the unnatural way ChoiDujour installs updates so its very much pick your poison. Just be sure that atmos is updated for the new firmware before booting it.

If you're on version 8 or whatever already with fuses though I'm not sure its worth the added ban risk trying to preserve them. Deja vu was already patched and there aren't any other known exploits. In that case just update sysnand normally and re-enable auto-RCM afterwards.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Reactions: Xyphoseos

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
so like during the FW update itself? Isnt there any detection system for the Jig during OFW usage which result in a ban?
It doesn't really matter. Just before you reboot the console. But you also have to make sure to enable autoRCM afterwards.
But look. If it is on 9.1.0 now, waiting is not worth it.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so like during the FW update itself? Isnt there any detection system for the Jig during OFW usage which result in a ban?
If you prefer, wait, I've nothing yet since very long

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Before update, if you can, check your fuse on the net or in hekate and after update check in hekate too

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Before wondering what method you want to use to update without burning fuses you should decide if you even care, as i said in my first post an exploit compatible with FW higher than 7.0.1 seems very unlikely at this point. So if you don't mind having to use a jig and an external device every time you want to boot CFW you can just use the official updater.

Reactions: Xyphoseos

akey83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
tbh I do not care booting the Switch with a Jig and my PC attached. Sure, a more easy solution would be great but its not important to me. My No.1 priority is to have a clean OFW to play online and CFW to play Offline.

Last edited by akey83,

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you didn't do a clean backup first then use this below then do a backup straight after it
https://gbatemp.net/threads/clean-the-nand-of-the-nintendo-switch-haku33-homebrew.548620

Create a Emunand for cfw
https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/set-up-emummc-emunand-on-nitendo-switch.html

Use this for Phase 3 in emunand guide
download the following zip and copy contents of sd folder to sd card
https://sdsetup.com/console?switch#...eba;reboot_to_rcm;tegrarcmgui;atmos_sigpatch;

Last edited by pcwizard7,

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tbh I do not care booting the Switch with a Jig and my PC attached. Sure, a more easy solution would be great but its not important to me. My No.1 priority is to have a clean OFW to play online and CFW to play Offline.
Then I would say forget about your fuse count, just boot HOS and use the official firmware updater. You'll be 100% safe from a ban and you'll always be able to use your jig anyway since the RCm exploit is not pachable.

akey83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Quick Update:

Received the new Switch and it was already on 9.1.0, like expected. First step was to put it into Flight-Mode and create a full Nand Backup using Hekate. Then I set up the partition, installed Hekate, Atmo, Incognito_RCM... to the SD and created the EmuMMC in Hekate. In Atmo I installed 90DNS and made sure the Device-Serial is blank to confirm that Incognito did its thing, which it did, also I deactivated Auo-Updates, I know it should not make any difference but why not. Changed the Theme and went back into Hekate to launch HOS on SysNand - so far so good.

Is there anything I can do to be even more stealth?

Last edited by akey83,

akey83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have two more questions regarding ban security...

1. In case the Switch reboots without injecting any payload, in my case Hekate, the Switch will always boot to HOS on SysNand?
2. Is it dangerous to boot into HOS+SysNand while the Jig is still attached?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
My suggestion is and I’m not trying to sell you sxos here but yes, buy sxos setup emunand hidden partition and never touch your sysnand. I would never use Atmosphere.

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My suggestion is and I’m not trying to sell you sxos here but yes, buy sxos setup emunand hidden partition and never touch your sysnand. I would never use Atmosphere.
Why the heck would you say that ? Atmosphere had many safety features before SXOS (like redirecting error logs so they don't get sent to nintendo, preventing fuse burning), and SXOS just copied (cough*stole*cough) them from atmos.

Reactions: a5723797

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
in Hekate I would enable autorcm which puts it into rcm after reboot. and auto power-off HOS. so it auto powers off if no payload is pushed within 15secs

Reactions: a5723797

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Why the heck would you say that ? Atmosphere had many safety features before SXOS (like redirecting error logs so they don't get sent to nintendo, preventing fuse burning), and SXOS just copied (cough*stole*cough) them from atmos.
I think you need to check up on your facts properly, sxos cfw had security checks way before Atmosphere cfw, Atmosphere had checks implemented later on. Also I don’t know one user so far who has been issued a ban using sxos emunand but I have red plenty of Atmosphere emunand users being banned. You don’t have take my advice I’m not asking him to but from my experience I would never touch Atmosphere on a switch with online capability’s.

Last edited by Reecey,

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you need to check up on your facts properly, sxos cfw had security checks way before Atmosphere cfw, Atmosphere had checks implemented later on. Also I don’t know one user so far who has been issued a ban using sxos emunand but I have red plenty of Atmosphere emunand users being banned. You don’t have take my advice I’m not asking him to but from my experience I would never touch Atmosphere on a switch with online capability’s.
I'm genuinely curious, do you have exemples of which checks were implemented in SX before Atmos ?
My question is, is emummc detectable when i keep it offline? I bought a new unpatched switch, but don't want to risk that the console will also be banned.
If you keep it offline it's not detectable, and nothing you do on your emuMMC will affect your sysNAND. If you want to be 100% safe even if you ever connect it accidentally to the internet you should use incognito (either the homebrew or the payload incognito_RCM) and erase the prodinfo from your emuMMC, this way it can't be identified by nintendo's servers.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
My question is, is emummc detectable when i keep it offline? I bought a new unpatched switch, but don't want to risk that the console will also be banned.
No. As hidden partition it's also very very unlikely that Nintendo will ever detect it on your micro sd card when you go online with eMMC (SysNAND).

Reactions: Reecey

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
If you keep it offline it's not detectable, and nothing you do on your emuMMC will affect your sysNAND. If you want to be 100% safe even if you ever connect it accidentally to the internet you should use incognito (either the homebrew or the payload incognito_RCM) and erase the prodinfo from your emuMMC, this way it can't be identified by nintendo's servers.
And this means i can play online with my clean sysnand?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs