Gaming Bought Pokemon used... not sure to start new game

Rangent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Pokemon Emerald used from my local Game Crazy, and was about to start a new game, I thought I'd look at the previous owner's stats before I start a new one... the previous owner has 223 hours of game play, atleast 4 ubers level 100 (his starter + a few others). I'm not sure how good they are... I want to save his work but I wanna play a new game... not sure what I should do. Kinda an ethical question... kinda a "should I remove someone's hard work and make room for mine".

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Think of it this way, if you don't wipe the game then you've officially just bought a game that has already been beaten.

Now I don't know about you, but I play games to, well, play them.
tongue.gif

Magus19

Trophies
Website
rotdteam.sourceforge.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well if he sold it, he just didn't care about it anymore, so erase it. Or, it was stolen from him and now he's crying and searching for his pokémons and you are about to delete 223 hours of his life...

On a side note in the original blue I think the timer reseted after 255 hours, mine is at 250. I also owned all the pokemons in my boxes, 1 copy of each, even the 9 starter forms... this took so much time. R&B were the best.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DO you have a flash cart linker. Cause with the EZ linkers you can backup save games from GBA. I suggest if u can back it up do so, then start your own game.

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a friend with a pokemon game and a link cable, just transfer some of the better pokemon and items to him, then restart your game. If he's nice maybe he will trade them back
biggrin.gif

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DO you have a flash cart linker. Cause with the EZ linkers you can backup save games from GBA. I suggest if u can back it up do so, then start your own game.

Yeah, although I'm not sure if you can restore save files back on to an original cart (I doubt it) try and back the save file up with a flashcart linker. Even better if you're really worried about it, back up the game and then put it on to a flashcart. This way it's legal because you own the dumped game and also the game you bought will be untouched so you can preserve the game file.
happy.gif

D

Deleted User

Writing and backing up saves to/from original GBA cartridges has worked fine for me using my linker unless they used EEPROM save and since Pokémon Emerald uses Flash1M_v103 (according to GBArms) it should work fine for you too.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @AncientBoi I am really sorry for your loss +3