Bought Nintendo Pocket Football Club on emuNAND, doesn't work :(

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jockel, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Jockel
    OP

Jockel This is where you're wrong, kiddo

Apr 14, 2008
    Germany
    Germany
    Hey guys, as the title says I just bought the game on the European eshop on an up to date emuNAND.
    But when I try to start the game, the Nintendo 3DS loading screen just stays on the screen.

Did anybody experience a similar problem or even found a fix?

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    If it's a new game, chances are it's the same issue that Pokebank and Youtube have, aka 7.0+ encryption. None of the latest eShop releases will work on emuNAND (and this will happen to retail games sooner or later too, when SDK7+ games make it to retail). There is no estimate on when that will be fixed and I think Gateway hasn't even mentioned it. Pretty much the only thing you can do to play it right now is update the real NAND - if that is the issue, of course (although it probably is). Otherwise, hope for a Gateway 2.2/3.0 in what could easily be several months or for BBB to somehow dump and patch it (if that's even possible).

3. Jockel
    OP

Apr 14, 2008
    Germany
    Germany
    Thanks for the elaborate reply.
    Oddly enough, the new Mario Golf World Tour demo works fine.
    I guess it's encrypted with older keys.

4. an07her

an07her GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2014
    Why not just get the ROM? It's dumped already

5. Jockel
    OP

Apr 14, 2008
    Germany
    Germany
    I'd rather have my legit game working, but as far as I know only the Japanese version (calciobit) is dumped.
    At least according to Pongs release page...

6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    It's a demo from a retail game, that's probably why. Retail games don't have this issue yet. I'm just curious to see what will happen when SDK7 retail games finally appear and no new games work on flashcarts anymore, honestly.

7. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    What? It doesn't exist.

8. an07her

an07her GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2014
    It does. Pocket_Soccer_League_Calciobit_JPN_3DS-HR
    The EUR version should come out dumped soon.

9. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    I did not know that

10. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    There's a big difference though. The Japanese one is much older and got a retail release. AFAIK this is eShop only.

11. an07her

an07her GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2014
    You are right, I haven't checked before.

12. BORODA

BORODA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013
    There's a rumor of 6.x exploit, so if that's true, the problem will be solved as 6.0 has the ability to run SDK7 games.

13. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Smealum's exploit does not have the capability to make the system changes required by Gateway to function, so another 6.x exploit would be needed. Also, 6.x does? I know 6.x fixes the savegame issue which is a similar problem, but I don't think it would fix this as well.

14. BORODA

BORODA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013
    The new KeyY was implemented in 6.0 I think, but it was used only in SDK7 as the default method for savegame encryption. They took time to validate it before forcing people to use it.

15. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    This is not just about saving though. 7.0+ encrypts part of the game itself using a different key (that is calculated at the same time as the save KeyY thing, but it's not the same thing). http://3dbrew.org/wiki/7.0.0-13#FIRM_and_whitelist

16. BORODA

BORODA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013
    We only need to update to 6.0 to be able to use the new key. Then we can use emunand 7.0 with the new key in the keyslot to be able to successfully decrypt the part of NCCH partition.

17. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    No, that's not how it works. There's two keyslots here, one containing the savegame key and one containing the content key. 6.x will fix the first key, 7.x will fix the second. Both are write-only and can only be written to while it's booting. By the time you get to emuNAND, it's far too late to do anything with it.

18. BORODA

BORODA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013
    Hmmm. Did I misunderstood the wiki then? I thought
    would mean that it's the same key used for save games. Well, that sucks then.

19. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Yeah, you're misunderstanding. They are two different keys, but they are initialized at the same time.

20. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Surely as long as the Emunand is upto date wont it work with all games?. I thought it was just the Emunand that you worked on all the time and as long as the Emunand was upto date is it not just the same as system Firmware latest? I thought the Emunand was just a copy of system firmware?