Bought new3ds supposidly 9.0 but is 9.6!!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Chrisssj2, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    QEH1003 (Black/Blue) - Confirmed - 9.0.0-20E
    And it is 9.6

I am very disappointed because I was planning on using gateway+cubic ninja. (already got gateway from my old3ds.)
    And I don't wanna convert all my 3ds rom and saves.. for a sky3ds, or ninjahax,customfirmware solution. (I have over 100 games) and that will take a very long time and arduous process?

And I had just ordered cubic ninja too for it, I quickly send a message to seller not to ship it, hope I am not too late.

So what is the best course of action one could do here?

I am thinking of sending the new3ds back. but im not sure I can and also the cubic ninja maybe too late or not I dunno.

2. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    If I had bought a 3DS on the understanding that it was on 9.0 and when I got it I found that it was on 9.6, I would return it to the seller for a refund.

3. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    just try get a refound.....
    for nice nand version console, u should go those place got real stocked......

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

play those verison trick for online shopping....yeh...:wacko:

4. tomx86

tomx86 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    Poland
    He probably tested the console if it works before shipping it to you, and updated the firmware when he entered to eShop (What an idiot!!). I've had a similar experience with my Smartphone, not only did he not restored the phone's settings back to the factory defaults, he left an audio recording saying "TESTING, TESTING", and a picture of his hand. But the worst thing he did he forgot to put the battery back in to the box, so after I called him, he apologized and send the battery on his charge to me, I got it the next day. So, yeah it happens, and you should totally ask for a refund. GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by tomx86, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Thanks.. yeah I don't know what may have happened. Either way I got a refund!

Now I found a new3ds 9.0 firmware at local store with much effort